banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 06-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
4windstrvlr

Default Another New Member Question

OK, I took a leap of faith after getting the seats for Wichita, Midiwest City and Eureka Springs, and used the advice I got on this forum to send a letter to Mr. Lightfoot at Early Morning Productions to ask if he could include "Song for a Winter's Night" in one of those performances. Now we will see what happens.

Next Question: I see many posts here that people wait to meet Mr. Lightfoot after a concert. Is that a possibility, and if so, how is it accomplished? I'm sure I would be completely tongue-tied and make a fool of myself, but there's that thought that maybe.....................and goodness knows it wouldn't be the first time to make a fool of myself!

Any tidbits of information will be appreciated.
4windstrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Another New Member Question

Lightfoot does Song For A Winter's Night quite often so you may hear it one of those nights..
Find the stage door area and wait there after the concert. He usually stops and signs things and you can snap pics at that time too.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
jj

hi, again, the song is already in the rotation...your odds are good this go around

this version that Char shared with us is as good as it gets, imo

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...44/koacHYXULVU

you can have fun with the search feature here in checking out prior discussions and tips

here is one about meeting Gord:

http://www.corfid.com/vbb/showthread...ght=meet+greet

i don't know how folks get backstage but many here can give tips on that also, maybe that's where a letter would come in handy

Last edited by jj; 06-22-2010 at 08:52 AM.
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
dhartman

I responded to your first post in that I have pics and autographs from Tulsa . I also have a hand shake from Ft, Worth . Those two times we hung out back stage by the bus and truck and waited about an hour . Only tried it twice and each time I got at least a handshake. I have a frame of pics with Gordon, the band , and autographed ticket stub from Tulsa. A real prize , probably will at least check it out at Midwest city . Would enjoy you joining me and my wife. Dale
dhartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
dhartman

I am messing up posting a reply , second attempt . You will have to excuse me , I'm getting old. I responded to your first post that I had my pic taken with Gordon and all of the band in Tulsa. It is framed with the autographed ticket stubs in it . A real prize . I also got a handshake in Ft. Worth. We find the bus and truck after the show and hang out outside and wait. Those two times about an hour later they left to go to their cars and were very cordiall. At Tulsa we got to visit a little bit. Will probably at least check it out at Midwest city, would like for you to join us , worth a try. Dale
dhartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
4windstrvlr

dhartman - Thanks for the information. I'm not sure I'll have the nerve to do it when the time comes - maybe! Either way, I know the concert will be awesome.
4windstrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:48 AM   #7
JohninCt.

Location: Wallingford, Ct. Not far from what used to be Oakdale Music Theater

No need to worry about your nerves, Gord and the guys are about the easiest entertainment people to talk to and meet. A bunch a nice guys who have no problems when it comes to talking with people. Just hang out by the rear door area and you will probably get to meet him. Gordon really appreciates his fans, which many other entertainers just take for granted. Just be yourself and act like you were just meeting someone in your family.
JohninCt. is offline   Reply With Quote