banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-08-2002, 12:17 PM   #1
Sundown

This is my first time posting here, just read on CNN about Gordy being in the hospital.

While I admit I own no songs of his (I used to, but lost it), I still love his voice and songs. His voice has such a haunting, sad tone to it that is soothing to my ears.

I am going to pray for Mr. Lightfoot and for his speedy recovery.

Sundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 02:39 PM   #2
james hill

just heard on the local news here in Toronto that Gord has been downlisted from critical to serious. He was suffering from severe abdominal pains but other details are still sketchy. a rep from the hospital has stated that Lightfoot fans can rest easy. surgery is not likely. i'll keep in touch.

james
james hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 02:46 PM   #3
Brian 57

James,

Thanks for keeping us posted. You folks up north are our eyes and ears.

Brian
Brian 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 03:47 PM   #4
Sundown

Thank you, James. Keep up posted!

quote:Originally posted by james hill:
just heard on the local news here in Toronto that Gord has been downlisted from critical to serious. He was suffering from severe abdominal pains but other details are still sketchy. a rep from the hospital has stated that Lightfoot fans can rest easy. surgery is not likely. i'll keep in touch.

james

Sundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 06:34 PM   #5
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

quote:Originally posted by TheWatchman:
I had a dream last night that I was at a GL concert somewhere and was sitting in the front row. Gord never came out. They played a short video of him and said that he had to leave right away. This bugged me all day and then I come home and read this.

Wow. Sounds like you had a premonition, Watchman. Spooky.

Cathy

Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 06:47 PM   #6
lightbunny

Last to know I found out about it on the mailing list. 4:30 Phoneix time. My god imagine all this going on while i was watching football and sleeping. Just like. Sept 11th was in Australia went to bed 7pm 6am NY time was tired heard about it 8:30 am 7 pm NY time. God be praised
lightbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 06:49 PM   #7
joveski

let's hope he does make a full recovery. personally, i thi8nk at his age he should cut down on the touring a bit. dylan's planning on cutting down drastically next year. i think it's the best thing for gord. he shouldn't go back full on touring until he's feeling 100%. hopefully it will be an omen to cut down on smoking (not that i can talk, i need to do it too)

mende
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 06:52 PM   #8
Gord

I would suspect his remaining tour dates will be modified somewhat if not shortened all together. As much as I wanna see him at Massey, his health is more important. *** Nods**
Old 09-08-2002, 08:08 PM   #9
70's Girl

I am worried, but not as much since hearing of the change in status. Maybe it is appendicitis? If it ruptured...it can be serious. (I know...I've been there.)

At any rate, it is waaaaay too soon for Old Gord to go! He's too tough and too special. There is NO singer songwriter like him. Not even Bob Dylan or James Taylor. Hang in there Gordon.....you are loved.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:32 AM   #10
Dan O'Malley

Only just heard. Doctors expect a full recovery, thank god. Get well soon, Gord.
Dan O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 08:12 AM   #11
Steve

Heard while listening to the radio in bed this morning. I guess it's like they say, life is what is happening while your making other plans.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 11:49 AM   #12
james hill

i apologize for my inaccurate post earlier on. hope i haven't alarmed anyone. by saying downlisted, which is not good, i meant to say upgraded which is good news indeed. & yes, there was surgery performed & by all accounts i've heard since then, Gord is expected to make a full recovery. i've been praying ever since yesterday morning when my mum 1st told me the news. my prayers & best wishes are with Gord & his family & all of you as well!
get better soon, Gordon!

love,
james
james hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #13
Jesse Joe

I dont want to bring back those bad news days, about GORD. But I was checking out the letters from that year, 2002. You people here must have been in shock. I know I was, here at home. Did call Early Morning Produtions, quite a few times during that period. Boy I would have loved to be on this computer, and on this site in those days. Sorry if some of you dont want to see this again, I will make it disapear if you ask me too. Any stories from any Corfidians about that period in time, you would like to share? I wouldn't mind hearing it. Mostly Char Lady, I have read a little bit of yours and others, must have been bluer than blue times here. Thanxs to all. Great to see how things turned out for the better . Full recovery...

[ May 19, 2006, 13:58: Message edited by: Jessi -Joe ]
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:34 PM   #14
Auburn Annie

Oh be still my heart - it took me a second to check the date. Okay, breathing normally again.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #15
Iron

I'm asking,make it dissapear.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #16
Jesse Joe

Im very sorry, Auburn Annie. and Iron, but I just realize that was not my post. So I cant make it dissapear. only the original poster who was Sundown #477, or someone from the board can do this. Just dont look at it, and someone will get rid of it. I was only asking to hear about you folks who were actualy here at that time. Anyway it all finish good, The man cheated death. Due to his strong health , once again Sorry... Didn't mean any harm ...
Old 05-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #17
Borderstone

Okay...I can put my mind out of "red-alert" mode now!

Next time (if any) Jessi,just "ask" us how we felt then or what we experienced. I'm sure you've uneccessarily frightened a few people here.

I'll answer you anyway. Just a month befoe this happened (Aug. 6th,2002) I had seen him in cioncert for the first time ever and had only really become a fan in the year before.

So,imagine the shock when I turn on Entertainment Tonight and see that!
It was like,"***n,I just really discovered how great this man is and not it might already be over".

Thankfully,that wasn't the case.

Oh and Jessi,if you ever do this again....you'll be sat in a corner and forced to listen to every Celine Dion CD ever made! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LOL! :D
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #18
Jesse Joe

OK Borderstone, SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Old 05-20-2006, 06:29 AM   #19
<Lucy Lastic>

An interesting post by BStone, a guy who, elsewhere on this board, is advising Christina Aguilera to learn to spell.