banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
charlene

Default CARMEL, IN.-Nov.5,2015

CARTER: I'm performing tonight with the Gord Lightfoot band at the fabulous Palladium in Carmel Indiana. Here's a photo from the stage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carmel-in-nov.5-2015.jpg (62.4 KB, 509 views)
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: CARMEL, IN.-Nov.5,2015

RICK:Tonite, we're back ( 2 1/2 years later ) at the Palladium in Carmel, Indiana, on the North side of Indianapolis. As you can see, this concert hall is stunning!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carmel,IN.Nov.5,2015.jpg (268.6 KB, 498 views)
File Type: jpg 12191580_902420533139352_3785758962542009124_n.jpg (81.2 KB, 488 views)
Old 11-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
CARTER: I'm performing tonight with the Gord Lightfoot band at the fabulous Palladium in Carmel Indiana. Here's a photo from the stage.
ahem Char
Because this photo is already on the internet in Carter's facebook timeline it is actually quite easy to get its Address (URL) then use the insert image facility to display it
I think this is a more elegant and useful way to display such images since the thumbnail feature is now non-functional and it avoids using up the quota that Florian pays for.
it also avoids the time to upload to photobucket a service is currently free like imageshack,us that I used to use ws but it is no longer free and both can occasionlly lose uploaded images

and wh

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

Last edited by johnfowles; 11-05-2015 at 08:44 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
charlene

I get them and I post them..quickest way I can. I don't remember how to post pics the old way... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 11-06-2015, 12:24 AM   #5
imported_Ordinary_Man

Default Set list Carmel IN

RED JACKET SET

Now and Then
Waiting for You
All the Lovely Ladies
Drifters
A Painter Passing Through
Christian Island
Rainy Day People
Shadows
Beautiful
Much To My Surprise
Carefree Highway
Did She Mention My Name?
Ribbon of Darkness
Sundown

BLUE JACKET SET

Drink Yer Glasses Empty
The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
Never Too Close
14 Karat Gold
Minstrel of the Dawn
Pony Man
I'd Rather Press On
Let it Ride
If You Could Read My Mind
Restless
Baby Step Back
Early Morning Rain
Cold on the Shoulder

Hope to have more later. Typing on phone due to problematic WIFI in this No Hotel. Hope I have titles right. Memory ain't what it....forgot what I was gonna say.

Steve

Last edited by imported_Ordinary_Man; 11-06-2015 at 11:59 PM.
imported_Ordinary_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
formerlylavender

Default Re: Set list Carmel IN

Red Jacket set/Blue jacket set..lol
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:09 AM   #7
T.G.

T.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:01 AM   #8
Kelly Davis

Just a few notes/quotes from the show Thursday night.

After 'Waiting For You', Gordon thanked the crowd for "coming out on a dampish sort of evening". He was complimenting the beautiful hall and added, "You should see SOME of the places we play at!!" (crowd laughed)

Before "A Painter Passing Through", Gordon said, "Here's a little oddball song I wrote in a very short while."

Before 'Shadows' Gordon said, "Let's do one in D concert. I'm capoed right up to the eyeballs."

Before 'Much To My Surprise' Gordon said, "Did you ever write a song that you couldn't remember the words?" (crowd laughed) After the song, Gord introduced his "colleagues". "That's as respectful as I can get."

Before 'Carefree Highway' Gordon said, "Some of the songs get shortened little bit, O.K.?"

Before 'Did She Mention My Name', Gordon said, "O.K. Check this one out."

At the end of 'Ribbon Of Darkness', Gordon did his customary cut-off of the words 'over me'. Some guys on the floor seats finished it in rehearsed (quite good) harmony. Gordon said, "That's ANOTHER way of shortening the song!!" (audience got another chuckle) Kudos to you guys if you are reading this!!!

Before 'The Wreck', Gordon was talking about the 40th ann. of the EF sinking on Nov. 10th. "A modern-day 'Flying Dutchman'. All 29 men are still down at the bottom of Lake Superior. It became a very popular song. It probably extended my career." (another thread from this show is posted and has a video of the performance)

Big applause and standing ovation (and rightly so) at the end of 'If You Could Read My Mind'.

Before 'Restless' Gordon asked, "Would you like to hear something ethereal?" Mike started on the long note and after e few seconds Gord added, "THAT'S ethereal!!" (aud. chuckle)

Before 'Baby Step Back', Gordon said, "A little toe-tapper called, Meet Me By The Rockpile And I'll Get A Little Bolder (boulder) There".

Overall, another good show. Barry and Carter seemed to be allowed to play out a little louder than usual. Terry Clements told us once that Gordon sets the balance levels for the shows.

We did get to meet Gordon after the show. The rest of the band however, were loaded immediately on a bus and were on their way out (bummer - but, we've met them quite a few times anyway).

Had Gordon sign our 'Salute' c.d. cover. Our 'Salute' l.p. was the first thing we ever had Gordon sign back in 1999. Told him it is still my favorite album of his. He said, "It was so well-produced." (he co-produced it with Dean Parks)

I try to appreciate every show, because you never know when it will be the last show. Gordon says he has no plans of retiring, as long as he is able.

If you have not seen Gordon live lately, what are you waiting for???????????
Kelly Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #9
OldDan

Thanks for posting the set list Steve and thank you Kelly for your recollections of the evening. I was also in attendance at the Carmel concert Thursday night. I don't have much more to add, but I wanted to post a few pics from the show. I apologize for the low resolution and the lack of a zoom lens on my phone camera. I was impressed with the stunning lighting effects used in this symphonic concert hall setting. Somewhat different from the proscenium stages Gord usually performs on. The triangular backdrops were placed lower than usual, showcasing the choral loft and organ pipe ranks for an almost "church-like" setting (the Church of Gord?) The light-colored walls of the hall lent themselves for projecting lighting effects. A very enjoyable evening of classic Gordon Lightfoot music.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1105152101-00.jpg (712.5 KB, 766 views)
File Type: jpg 1105152102-00.jpg (714.7 KB, 495 views)
File Type: jpg 1105152113-00.jpg (487.1 KB, 503 views)
File Type: jpg 1105152156-00.jpg (844.8 KB, 487 views)
File Type: jpg 1105152200-00.jpg (698.4 KB, 493 views)
File Type: jpg 1105152205-00.jpg (715.4 KB, 489 views)
File Type: jpg 1105152221-00.jpg (543.4 KB, 510 views)
OldDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #10
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

And here in all its glory is the first of Old Dan's Photos
linked from the uploaded copy on corfid

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:59 AM   #11
paskatefan

Thanks for the review & the pics!

Gail
paskatefan is offline   Reply With Quote