banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2003, 05:39 PM   #1
Shelby

HI! Im shelby,titens daighter.we are going to goto the ship wreck museum. I am seven years old. I LOVE you`re song`s.I`d LOVE to meet you.Like in the song steel rail blues, I am going on a reel train and.I`ve never been on a train before. I hope you got my letter!My daddy says you haven`t been feeling well so if you don`t have time to write me back I understand. You sing the best songs in the whole world! I like the song care free highway, and my dad has a picture of you standing under the Carefree HWY sign in Arizona.

Me and my daddy listen to your music in the truck all the time and he tells me about you. I like the song the house you live in. I hope you get this, but if you don`t it`s OK. I wanted to share my thoghts.

Sincerely,
Shelby
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:05 PM   #2
Borderstone

Hi Shelby,I'm Borderstone. I read your message to Mr. Lightfoot and just wanted to let you know I was almost your age when I first listened to his music too. You are right,he does sing the best songs in the world. One of the songs I love the most is "The Pony Man". I'm sure you have heard that one. It sure makes me feel like your age when I hear it. Before I go Shelby,I have a knock-knock joke for you. Knock-knock! Who's there? What's up? What's up who? What's a Pooh? That yellow bear who's friends with Tigger! I made that up myself. Hope you liked it! Borderstone,saying outta here and Alberta Bound up and down like Tigger! Hoo Hoo Hoo HOOOOO!
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 09:26 AM   #3
Oma

Hi Shelby,

Nice little note you wrote...I'm sure if Gordon Lightfoot sees it, he will think it's very special!

I have a little girl who is 7, also! Are you in First Grade? My daughter is, but she doesn't like school too much...she likes to be outside exploring nature and catching bugs...ugh!!!! My little girl has been listening to Gordon all of her life...she likes the song "Carefree Highway" the best.

Have fun on your train trip...trains are pretty cool!
Oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 03:56 PM   #4
titan

I'm not too keen on Shelby using my computer
because she always seems to crash something on it and it takes me a long time to figure it out. I am very proud of her and I have a hard time keeping up with her Gordon Lightfoot habit. She has been bugging me for a long time to post a message so I let her do her own thing and didn't edit a thing.

I'll tell you what, for a seven year old kid,
she is on the ball!!! Borderstone, we liked your joke and Oma, Thanks for the reply!!!
I think it's a good idea to get kids involved
in classic music. Shelby would pick a Gordon Lightfoot concert over a Brittney Spears concert any day of the week!!!
Oh ya, We have been listening to Pony Man over and over and over. Thanks Borderstone!!!! I think I've created a Gordon Lightfoot lovin MONSTER!!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 04:17 PM   #5
Borderstone

Titan: You're welcome! You're welcome! You're welcome! Be sure and pass that joke on to others! Some people don't get it right away and you might have to explain it but most people get it. I'm so jealous,I wish I had a daughter or son to share things like this with. Haven't found Miss right yet. Anyway,all the best to you and yours. Borderstone,outta here and Alberta Bound!
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:37 AM   #6
Oma

Titan, Tell Shelby that she has excellent writing skills for such a young child! I am impressed! And, I know what you mean about kids crashing the computer! We have a "parent's" computer that the kids rarely get to touch for that very reason! They have their own computer loaded with good software so they don't have to use ours!!

It sure is fun to share the music that you love with your kids! My H.S. Freshman daughter gets a lot of extra credit points from her GL lovin' teacher for answering GL music trivia in class!! See, GL improves students GPA's...pretty decent!

Borderstone, Funny knock, knock joke! I admit, I had to read it twice before it sunk in!!!
Oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 10:15 AM   #7
DMD3

I agree.