banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW
Default Annapolis,Maryland-Rams Head On Stage 18 April 2016

We were just wondering if anyone from corfid.com would be joining us tonight. While the Rams Head is only about an hour and a half from us we have never been to a show there.

Our venue of choice is The Keswick in Glenside PA as most of you know. However it looks like they're skipping it for 2016.

The Rams Head is a sit at a table for the whole show venue and we were fortunate to get tickets at one of the tables directly in front of the stage. Table 103 seats 3 & 4 if you're stalking us, lol. It seems like a small room from the seating chart.

Hopefully Rick will forward some pictures today.

"The Legend Lives On" Tour has finally arrived for us.

Peace be with you,

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:06 PM   #2
formerlylavender

Default Re: Rams Head On Stage 18 April 2016

Have fun Bill!! Sorry we can't be there this time.

Yes, guess Gord and the guys are skipping the Keswick this year I'd love to go back to the Aston venue too- perfect for a summer night. Fingers crossed for next time.
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #3
BILLW

Well it turns out The Rams Head is a great venue. We opted to eat in the attached Tavern out on the patio and it was a good idea. If you eat at the tables they don't do much plate clearing to keep the noise down. Sitting through the whole show with a platter of dinner remnants is not my bag, but some folks were into it.

It was a small stage but they had enough room for all of them as long as they didn't move around too much. The front tables are so close you could put your feet on the stage if you were rude.

One long set with no intermission which made sense in this place. I didn't do a set list but I'm sure one will show up soon. This venue had more music fans who knew Gord than it had Gord fans that knew all his stuff if you know what I mean. Nice respectful crowd but fun as well, no museum stuff going on.

Lizanne opted to do the "OVER ME" schtick in the absence of any other takers. Hit like a smart bomb and got a good reaction "well that's one way to shorten it a little more" said Gord. Once they recovered it was on to Sundown as expected.

Did not see any familiar faces anywhere but it was pretty dark most of the show.

We'd go back and the staff was very nice and even comped Lizanne her club soda at the table.

Two things: Gord had to use some big giant can of nose spray twice. He turned his back but from our position it was like standing in the bathroom with him. The resultant outflow was too much for the tissues he had in his hand and pockets so Carter handed him his big hand towel. Very earthy moment no doubt. He spun around like he had finished a magic trick to the delight of the crowd. And it seemed to help for awhile, rinse and repeat.

#2 When it came time for the pre-encore walk-off everyone tiptoed over stuff except Mike who found himself trapped. He tried but could have knocked over instruments so he shrugged like Charlie Chaplin and sort of tried to blend in. Seeing his plight they all returned quickly. I wish I had it on video, it was very funny.

Sorry for running on but I wanted to give a little local color.

Bill

Gord was chatty and seemed in fine health but the pipes seemed bothered by the Maryland pollen. We are blanketed in green and yellow dust right now.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #4
BILLW

We missed you guys, you'd have loved the place.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlylavender View Post
Have fun Bill!! Sorry we can't be there this time.

Yes, guess Gord and the guys are skipping the Keswick this year I'd love to go back to the Aston venue too- perfect for a summer night. Fingers crossed for next time.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
TheWatchman

The full head clear on stage (times two), very organic, even for this part of Maryland.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #6
BILLW

We're all family right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchman View Post
The full head clear on stage (times two), very organic, even for this part of Maryland.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:34 PM   #7
TheWatchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLW View Post
We're all family right?
Exactly. Must have been the size of a malt liquor can.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:51 AM   #8
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: Annapolis,Maryland-Rams Head On Stage 18 April 2016

Quote:
Hopefully Rick will forward some pictures today.
Bill
found on Facebook

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:14 AM   #9
formerlylavender

Quote:
Nice respectful crowd but fun as well, no museum stuff going on.
Well said Bill, sounds perfect! Glad you both had fun - sounded like an experience for sure with the dinner crowd and the small stage. Guess it would be considered intimate though the nose spray I could do without- tmi! Glad Gord was healthy and in good spirits tho
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #10
charlene

RICK:Last night, Monday, we rolled in to historic Annapolis, MD for a club show in the 300 seat "Rams Head On Stage", attached to the Rams Head Tavern. Very cool to play a club date in the middle of this run.

charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #11
BILLW

I was all excited when I got the notification of the "new" dates today when I saw a few right here in Maryland, USA. I just had the chance to look at the details and 1 is hours away due to the odd shape of our state. And the other, of all things, is at the same exact venue we saw him at in April. Hmmmm???

Can't say I've ever seen a return to a place so quickly, they must have had a really good time or met some really interesting people. Rams Head On Stage is a dinner and tables type layout. It is very expensive due to the tiny size. It was fun and if you haven't been I'd say go and have fun. But having just been there and not really digging the table scene I think we'll pass on this one.

I'm so happy he's going strong and having a good time but I'm surprised they didn't hit a bigger place where they've always done well in the area.

Oh well I guess a road trip is in order.

Bill