banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 05-30-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
MistyMoppens

Default Dennis Hopper Has Passed Away

Actor Dennis Hopper has passed away at the age of 74 at his home in Venice, CA from prostate cancer. He was one of a kind...

Last edited by MistyMoppens; 04-14-2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: giving a frightening stalker less to read
MistyMoppens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
jj

Default Re: Dennis Hopper Has Passed Away

unfortunate for the family and loved ones....no surprise: prostate cancer

i wondered if there is a ribbon colour campaign for this predator (similar to the pink ribbon breast cancer symbol that you find raising awareness and funds throughout society)....as red green say, it's never too early to get checked out...i suppose you can always do a self check if you know what you are reaching for

i wish i had never seen the Blue Velvet scene that had the classic Orbison 'In Dreams' soundtrack, as i've never been able to listen to the tune the same way since...maybe it's a good thing GL tunes never ended up as soundtracks or jingles

speaking of Roy, it was just early this morning that i was being sedated by a slew of stellar Mystery Girl album tracks this morning when I started getting bummed out thinking about how many albums he would have put out by now had we not lost him so suddenly in the peak of his rebirth

the title track is likely my all-time favourite 3 chord arrangement and vocal performance...i love Bono's last comment in this clip...I wholeheartedly second that

jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
charlene

probably not as much notice because the incidents are lower, but the survival rate is higher...
blue ribbons @ http://www.psa-rising.com/ribbons/
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
Jesse Joe

The Easy Rider is gone !

Always did like his interviews he was of the great 60's generation (flower power !) "SPEED" was also an exciting picture.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote