banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-09-2002, 02:51 PM   #1
classicmixdj

Yes, the day I've been waiting for is upon us. My friend Gordon will be in Cincinnati tonight to please everyone in attendance. I'll do my best to write down the set list and pass it along via this wonderful web sit.

I'm going to request the following and see if he'll do at least one of em':

1. Waiting for You
2. Tattoo
3. Spanish Moss
4. Triangle
5. Pony Man
classicmixdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 02:54 PM   #2
char

He's been doing Ponyman as a request this tour and I'm not sure about Tattoo. The others - probably not. He's also done Sit Down Young Stranger and Ghosts of Cape Horn.
char
have a great time!
Tell him Char in Whitby says HI!
lol
char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 03:00 PM   #3
seahawk11

The last time I heard him do 'Spanish Moss' was about 1994, and it was getting to be a stretch for him, vocal-wise...he turned it into kind of a medley by going right into the song 'Shadows'.
seahawk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 03:04 PM   #4
bmg

I'll Be there in Cincinnati tonite too. Saw him when he was last here at Music hall. It will be a great show (anytime I get to see him perform is). I hope he does Baby step back - and I'd love to see him do Affair on 8th Avenue. But I know I'm dreaming.
Bruce
Old 05-09-2002, 07:21 PM   #5
wild rose

He sang Waiting for You Sunday eve in Duluth.
So it has now become my new favorite--for now at least. He was great, as usual.
wild rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 07:23 PM   #6
wild rose

Just me again--he also sang Baby Step Back.
wild rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 11:38 PM   #7
classicmixdj

So here goes (set list):

Cincinnati, Ohio...May 9th, 2002
Show started 8:05 PM

1. Sea of Tranquility
2. All the Lovely Ladies (good to hear)
3. Never Too Close
4. Let it Ride (1st time I've heard)
5. Beautiful (eat your heart out Char...was introduced as a wedding, bar mitzvah, bat mitzvah, funeral(tongue in cheek) song)
6. Cape Horn (no whistle except from the audience...anyone know why?)
7. Blackberry Wine (1/3 of the way through the song Gordon backed away from the mike and ended the song abruptly stating that if they continued to play that song all hell would break loose...don't know if this was in reference to rioting in Cincy or not)
8. Forgive Me Lord (how appropriate after cutting "Blackberry Wine" short.
9. Ribbon of Darkness
10. Sundown
11. Carefree Highway
12 Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald (he gave an introduction to this one saying they would take a break afterward)

Break-

13. Rainy Day People
14. Pony Man (Yeah...a request...he had the audience vote for Sit Down Young Stranger or Pony Man)
15. Shadows
16. Waiting For You
17. Don Quiote
18. If You Could Read My Mind
19. No Tell (1st time I've heard...audience laughed a lot during this one)
20. Early Morning Rain
21. Restless
22. Baby Step Back
23. Canadian Railroad Trilogy
-Encore
24. Old Dan's Records
Standing Ovation took place after CRT and after ODR. Gordon came out for two curtain calls and bowed to the audience. He seemed to enjoy himself this evening. I was glad I went and enjoyed the concert as always.

Low points...music volume was too low. The audience was drowning out endings and beginnings of some songs.

Gordon had poor mike habits when speaking to the audience. He often spoke off mike to where those of us in the back could not hear him. I purchased my tickets when they first went on sale and still ended up in the back on the lower level. The Taft Theatre needs to rethink their seating strategy.

Old 05-10-2002, 10:57 AM   #8
classicmixdj

I pray that the sound will be better for you Watchman. Might I suggest that you seek out the sound guy if he's on the lower level like in Cincy and have a polite word with him if the volume isn't satisfactory. Shame on me for not doing so. I was very tired last night when I wrote the report so I hope I was not too negative. I'm still very tired from the show and not feeling well today.

I felt as though I was with an old friend last night. I might add that "Restless" is becoming one of my favorites. His voice was better and the volume was slightly better in the second half. The mix seemed off in the first half. I thought the people in Cincy were somewhat noisy last night (more so than usual) perhaps it was just me. There seemed to be a good cross section of ages.

Oh, by the way, there was a kid in the bathroom (I could only hear his voice) could not have been more that 7 or 8 saying how great it was going to see Gordon live. That really touched my heart.

[This message has been edited by classicmixdj (edited May 10, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by classicmixdj (edited May 15, 2002).]