banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-09-2001, 08:08 AM   #1
Gord

This topic has been debated to death I know.. however as Warner Bros is NOT likely ever gonna do this for us the only way I believe to get them on CD is to buy a home CD recorder, Sony and Pioneer now sell them, some as low as $300 Canadian and directly record straight from the LP to CD much like you would use a cassette deck.
Old 02-09-2001, 08:08 AM   #2
Gord

This topic has been debated to death I know.. however as Warner Bros is NOT likely ever gonna do this for us the only way I believe to get them on CD is to buy a home CD recorder, Sony and Pioneer now sell them, some as low as $300 Canadian and directly record straight from the LP to CD much like you would use a cassette deck.
Old 02-10-2001, 02:17 PM   #3
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Everyone refers to the final 4 but I am still unable to locate Waiting for You on CD anywhere. I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks.
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 09:24 PM   #4
joveski

i think WFY is deleted and hard to get. I downloaded the songs from Napster and put them on CD
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 04:49 PM   #5
LouiseAnne

Bill,
"Waiting For You", believe it or not is actually still in print. I talked to Tower Records about it and they told me it has not been deleted, but it seems to have dropped out of their catalogue.

GOOD NEWS, though. Just a few weeks ago, someone asked me the same question and although I couldn't help her find the CD, she e-mailed me back the next day and said that the Columbia House Music Club offers it in their monthly catalogues. She was planning to order it and then get back to me.

That may be an option for you to try. Hope this helps a little.

Stay loose, eh?

LAMS

------------------
"Love and maple syrup
go together like the
sticky winds of winter
when they meet....
If you go into the forest
Gaze up through the trees
The sky is white.
You can understand
What makes the forest
Greet the man
Like a mother's only
child ..."
LouiseAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 04:49 PM   #6
loveandmaplesyrup

Send a message via ICQ to loveandmaplesyrup

Bill,
"Waiting For You", believe it or not is actually still in print. I talked to Tower Records about it and they told me it has not been deleted, but it seems to have dropped out of their catalogue.

GOOD NEWS, though. Just a few weeks ago, someone asked me the same question and although I couldn't help her find the CD, she e-mailed me back the next day and said that the Columbia House Music Club offers it in their monthly catalogues. She was planning to order it and then get back to me.

That may be an option for you to try. Hope this helps a little.

Stay loose, eh?

LAMS

------------------
"Love and maple syrup
go together like the
sticky winds of winter
when they meet....
If you go into the forest
Gaze up through the trees
The sky is white.
You can understand
What makes the forest
Greet the man
Like a mother's only
child ..."
loveandmaplesyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 05:50 PM   #7
BILLW

Thanks for the info everyone,

I'll keep searching! If anyone knows where I could get a copy please let me know.
Old 02-12-2001, 07:12 AM   #8
ChristopherPennington

I did in fact order the Waiting For You CD thru Columbia House Music Club and received it with no problem....so that is an option. It is not in their printed catalog, but check for it on their web site. Sorry for not getting back to LAMS - I have been inundated with work and had the flu!
ChristopherPennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 07:12 AM   #9
70sFan

I did in fact order the Waiting For You CD thru Columbia House Music Club and received it with no problem....so that is an option. It is not in their printed catalog, but check for it on their web site. Sorry for not getting back to LAMS - I have been inundated with work and had the flu!
70sFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 11:26 AM   #10
Lightfoot678

Regarding Waiting For You it has not been deleted. But it is getting harder to find in chain record stores like Camelot (Which overcharges for CDs anyway). The local Best Buy ib\n my area did have several copies last I looked, And like LAMs said it is also available through Columbia House. Same with the United Artists Collection (2-CD compilation of his 60s recording for United Artists).

------------------
When the green dark forest was too silent to be real.
Lightfoot678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 03:04 PM   #11
Hink

I'm looking for those four albums too. Does anyone know somebody who might own a copy of any of them?
Hink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 03:04 PM   #12
Joshua1

I'm looking for those four albums too. Does anyone know somebody who might own a copy of any of them?
Joshua1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 05:00 AM   #13
westernstar9

quote:Originally posted by BILLW:
Everyone refers to the final 4 but I am still unable to locate Waiting for You on CD anywhere. I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2001, 05:00 AM   #14
westernstar9

Old 02-27-2001, 05:03 AM   #15
westernstar9

I believe that the "Waiting For You" CD and Cassettes are out of print.
Old 02-27-2001, 05:03 AM   #16
westernstar9

I believe that the "Waiting For You" CD and Cassettes are out of print.
Old 02-27-2001, 05:42 AM   #17
Brenda

Any chance that WB would lease these tracks out to Rhino? quote:Originally posted by Gord:

------------------
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 05:42 AM   #18
Westernstar9

Any chance that WB would lease these tracks out to Rhino? quote:Originally posted by Gord:

------------------
Westernstar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 03:44 PM   #19
BILLW

LAMS,
Thanks for the advice. I had to join the Columbia House Music Club & pick 12 "FREE" CDs BUT they do have "Waiting For You". A big box just arrived in my mailbox, finally. They're not as quick as Amazon or Tower but it's mine!
Now I have everything ever issued on CD, legally, and can join everyone waiting for the "FINAL 4".
I appreciate the help.

BILLW
Old 03-05-2001, 05:20 PM   #20
mytoyota@earthlink.net

Waiting for You on CD is on ebay right now!
mytoyota@earthlink.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 05:55 PM   #21
charlene

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.rollingstone.com/recordin...=44092&cf=4591

Waiting For You CD.
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 05:55 PM   #22
charlene

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.rollingstone.com/recordin...=44092&cf=4591

Waiting For You CD.
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote