banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-29-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
Sheryl Klein

I'll be seeing him at a very small dinner theater venue in Agoura Hills, California in late April. I was thinking... rather than just me giving him something (HEY - get your minds out of the gutter!!), what about if we all come up with an idea? I was thinking first... maybe a kind of album with our picture on each page and our personal statement or story for Gord? I've read so many wonderful "dedications" to him in one of these threads and it's a sure bet he probably doesn't read them, that this way, he can peruse these during his free time -- and I bet you he will. It'll be something he'll, hopefully, treasure. Either that or a cool Hawaiian shirt. What size does he wear? I was thinking of getting him one anyway. I am guessing medium...
Old 12-29-2004, 06:26 PM   #2
brink

Sorry SK, I can't think of a thing - my mind is still in the gutter.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:29 PM   #3
charlene

I think after seeing him in Hamilton in his new duds that Gord is going to be sporting a whole new look from now on. He looked elegant & fabulous. Dress shirt/vest/classic dress pants and leather shoes-mmm mmm - he looked quite dapper!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:56 PM   #4
brink

quote:Originally posted by charlene:
He looked elegant & fabulous. Dress shirt/vest/classic dress pants and leather shoes-mmm mmm - he looked quite dapper![/B]

Sorry SK her mind is in the gutter too. I happily share my space.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:48 PM   #5
Sheryl Klein

No problem -- and did you notice, that it was ME who first had the wicked thoughts?? So, if we're not going with a Hawaiian shirt, perhaps some polka-dotted boxers?
Old 12-30-2004, 01:47 PM   #6
Sheryl Klein

Seriously, though, what do you all think of the scrapbook idea?
Old 12-30-2004, 02:01 PM   #7
Borderstone

Sheryl,I think it's an awesome idea!

Last year,I was elected to gert him a birthday card and sign it on behalf of all of us,so I think it's even better to give him something with just as much (if not more)meaning.

I guess one the pictures to start with is the one I put up here back in March and I think Bill W. put his here as well,on the same thread. I'll put that topic up to the top so it's easy to fimd!

You are brilliant!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 03:20 PM   #8
violet Blue Horse

You want the real photo of me or the retouched one.

And no Hawaiian shirts pleeeassseeee. It sounds like the man is finally getting into the fashion thing. Lets not provide him with any sets backs

quote:
I guess one the pictures to start with is the one I put up here back in March and I think Bill W. put his here as well,on the same thread. I'll put that topic up to the top so it's easy to fimd!

You are brilliant!

[/B]

Old 12-30-2004, 03:29 PM   #9
Borderstone

Well.....I was going to wear my "John Travolta/Saturday Night Fever suit but...all right!

(Could you imagine Gord attempting "Stayin' Alive". ?? )

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Old 12-30-2004, 09:53 PM   #10
Sheryl Klein

Borderstone, I almost coughed up a hairball laughing at your reply! No -- I could NOT imagine Gord doing Saturday Night Fever!! Heaven forbid! And, yes, Violet, we'll take the REAL you -- how does that lyric of Gord's go... something about why change the original?? So, whoever would like to contribute a picture of themself and some words about what Gord and his music mean to them, you can e-mail it to me: Sheryl97@sbcglobal.net and I'll happily put together a nice album for him and even MORE happily present it to him!! O.K., so no Hawaiian shirt -- how about a nice vest? What do you all think? Oh, and who knows when he'll be at Massey Hall?
Old 12-30-2004, 11:11 PM   #11
brink

quote:Originally posted by Sheryl Klein:
No problem -- and did you notice, that it was ME who first had the wicked thoughts??

Yes I did, you too can join the gutter club! Welcome!
Old 12-31-2004, 07:50 AM   #12
djb

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
(Could you imagine Gord attempting "Stayin' Alive". ?? )

He could do it if he wore the East Of Midnight outfit. It's the only Gord album photo that makes me cringe.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:13 PM   #13
violet Blue Horse

Ahhhhhh, it was a time and a place all to it's own where that white suit belonged. But I still kinds like that cover the best. He was looking good and on his game and it showed in those photos.

quote:Originally posted by djb:
He could do it if he wore the East Of Midnight outfit. It's the only Gord album photo that makes me cringe.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:27 PM   #14
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

I'll be seeing him at a very small dinner theater venue in Agoura Hills, California in late April. I was thinking... rather than just me giving him something (HEY - get your minds out of the gutter!!), what about if we all come up with an idea? I was thinking first... maybe a kind of album with our picture on each page and our personal statement or story for Gord? I've read so many wonderful "dedications" to him in one of these threads and it's a sure bet he probably doesn't read them, that this way, he can peruse these during his free time -- and I bet you he will. It'll be something he'll, hopefully, treasure. Either that or a cool Hawaiian shirt. What size does he wear? I was thinking of getting him one anyway. I am guessing medium...

I have a video clip of a certain person in the LA area that I'm sure I could get a very amusing still shot from. Would you like that for your scrap book?
LOL
Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com

Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:03 PM   #15
Sheryl Klein

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH --- no wait -- I just turned blonde, let me send you a new one!!!

[This message has been edited by Sheryl Klein (edited December 31, 2004).]
Old 01-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #16
violet Blue Horse

Ahem. I hate Outlook, I just want that known up front Sheryl. I attached a photo to an email and I thought I put it in the correct folder to save it and not send it while I figured out what I wanted to say. Apparently I was mistaken. So you should have a photo with no text that I didn't mean to send in your in box. As soon as I finish transfering all my Outlook info to Foxfire and disappearing Outlook from my life, I'll sit down and figure out what to say and email that to you.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:29 PM   #17
Sheryl Klein

O.K., Violet, but, so far, I have nothing in my inbox. You know... after I'm done with this project, maybe I could set up a kind of Gordon-esque dating service!!
Old 01-01-2005, 11:59 PM   #18
Sheryl Klein

Hi John, I did a search to come up with a picture of Robert Wagner (the actor) who played Prince Valiant in the 1954 movie, and came up with this page. It is the cover of the video for sale. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...768046-2326463
Old 01-02-2005, 01:40 AM   #19
violet Blue Horse

Oh even better. I sent it and you never got it. Really hate Outlook. I'll try this all some other day. I think all that horizontal snow did something to my brain.

No comment on the dating service. Now a date with Gordon - whole nother concept - sighhhh . . . . . .

O.K., Violet, but, so far, I have nothing in my inbox. You know... after I'm done with this project, maybe I could set up a kind of Gordon-esque dating service!!

Old 01-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #20
Borderstone

Hey Sheryl! Sorry set your "hair" on end!!

The line you were quoting by the way is from the song,"Romance":"They say that people that don't change,why rearrange...the original?" From the Salute LP of course!

Gordon's,"Stayin' Alive"!:
"Well you can tell by the way I sing about boats,I'm a sailin' man,so please take notes!"
"Yarmouth,Fitzgerald & Marie Christine,I sing about them because I think it's keen!"

"Now baby it's alright,and that's okay...
I'll also sing about Don Quix-o-te!"
"..and you can try to understand,UA Records affecting this man!"

"Wheather you're American,Canadian or Hungarian we're Stayin' Alive,stayin' alive!"
"Acoustic music's what I'm makin' now that my soul has reawakened and I'm
stayin' alive,stayin' alive!"

"(Wherefore) and why-why-why-why...Stayin Alive!!!"

------------------

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited January 02, 2005).]
Old 01-02-2005, 11:16 PM   #21
Sheryl Klein

This is going to be a very small scrapbook if there are only 4 of us!! Isn't anyone else interested?
Old 01-02-2005, 11:16 PM   #22
Sheryl Klein

This is going to be a very small scrapbook if there are only 4 of us!! Isn't anyone else interested?
Old 01-02-2005, 11:50 PM   #23
Rona

I'm interested, just not terribly computer literate. What do I need to do??
(By the way, ladies: I found an old box in the attic today when I was putting away Christmas decorations. In it were three Gordon Lightfoot "songbooks" I bought when I was in high school in the 70s: all the words and piano music for IYCRMM, ODR, and "the Gordon Lightfoot Anthology Volume I." Well, I'm still not much of a piano player, but OH, the pictures in those books!! Let's see, I have a scanner now. I can scan them, save them and somehow e-mail them, right? They are (he is) gorgeous!!!
Rona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:25 AM   #24
violet Blue Horse

Ya know, I see those on ebay once in awhile and since I've been asked repeatedly not to play the guitar sing or hum I never saw the point to buying one.

Now I see the point . . .

Please please post them if you can. John will explain the whole process to you.

quote:Originally posted by Rona:
(By the way, ladies: I found an old box in the attic today when I was putting away Christmas decorations. In it were three Gordon Lightfoot "songbooks" I bought when I was in high school in the 70s: all the words and piano music for IYCRMM, ODR, and "the Gordon Lightfoot Anthology Volume I." Well, I'm still not much of a piano player, but OH, the pictures in those books!! Let's see, I have a scanner now. I can scan them, save them and somehow e-mail them, right? They are (he is) gorgeous!!!

Old 01-03-2005, 12:25 AM   #25
violet Blue Horse

Ya know, I see those on ebay once in awhile and since I've been asked repeatedly not to play the guitar sing or hum I never saw the point to buying one.

Now I see the point . . .

Please please post them if you can. John will explain the whole process to you.

quote:Originally posted by Rona: