banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2004, 04:33 PM   #1
sugar

My favourite Gordon Lightfoot song would have to be 'If you could read my mind'. It was released when I was 10 or 11 years old and as the baby sister of 4 brothers, I remember an innocent, loved and unworried time. The songs strong lyrics came back into my life when I heard it played on the radio, during the time of my 10 year marriage ending. Somehow it took me back to the happy times with my brothers, and made me feel 'safe' and gave me hope that one day all would be well with me again.
sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
Louise

My favourite Gordon Lightfoot song would have to be 'If you could read my mind'. It was released when I was 10 or 11 years old and as the baby sister of 4 brothers, I remember an innocent, loved and unworried time. The songs strong lyrics came back into my life when I heard it played on the radio, during the time of my 10 year marriage ending. Somehow it took me back to the happy times with my brothers, and made me feel 'safe' and gave me hope that one day all would be well with me again.
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:04 PM   #3
Sheryl Klein

Isn't that wonderful, Louise, that his wonderful songs do that to us? Well, welcome to the site. You're among friends.

Sheryl
Old 11-19-2004, 05:04 PM   #4
Sheryl Klein

Isn't that wonderful, Louise, that his wonderful songs do that to us? Well, welcome to the site. You're among friends.

Sheryl