banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
sugar

Hi everyone -- I've been lurking for awhile but have never posted until now! I attended the Moncton concert on Friday night and thought I should share a few comments (given that not too many from the group seem to be at the Atlantic Canada concerts).

Gord was in wonderful form in Moncton and the concert was a great experience. His voice strengthened as the night went on and the band was as tight as usual. I wasn't sure what to expect since I haven't seen him in awhile, but I was happy to find that he looked good, seemed strong and happy, and was still able to perform his material as precisely and perfectly as always.

I saw Gord the first time in 1973 at Massey (I used to live in Toronto and saw the Massey concerts through most of the 70's, the 80's and into the 90's). What struck me the most about Friday's Moncton show is that the magic of those early 1970's shows was still there. The best moment for me was when he sang "Minstrel of the Dawn," which recaptured the soft, acoustic sound I remember from his younger days and, vocally, he was very strong in that song on Friday.

I felt extremely lucky to be able to be present at yet another concert, listening to "The Trilogy" 40 years after it was written -- here, in 2007 -- 34 years after that first concert I saw (which blew me away) in 1973!

When he came on to do his encore, Gord announced that he felt so badly about the cancellation of the 2002 Atlantic shows, but that he was glad to be there this year, that it "does his heart good."
As it does all our hearts.

Thanks, Gord, for making it through ... and making it back.
Louise
sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
Louise

Hi everyone -- I've been lurking for awhile but have never posted until now! I attended the Moncton concert on Friday night and thought I should share a few comments (given that not too many from the group seem to be at the Atlantic Canada concerts).

Gord was in wonderful form in Moncton and the concert was a great experience. His voice strengthened as the night went on and the band was as tight as usual. I wasn't sure what to expect since I haven't seen him in awhile, but I was happy to find that he looked good, seemed strong and happy, and was still able to perform his material as precisely and perfectly as always.

I saw Gord the first time in 1973 at Massey (I used to live in Toronto and saw the Massey concerts through most of the 70's, the 80's and into the 90's). What struck me the most about Friday's Moncton show is that the magic of those early 1970's shows was still there. The best moment for me was when he sang "Minstrel of the Dawn," which recaptured the soft, acoustic sound I remember from his younger days and, vocally, he was very strong in that song on Friday.

I felt extremely lucky to be able to be present at yet another concert, listening to "The Trilogy" 40 years after it was written -- here, in 2007 -- 34 years after that first concert I saw (which blew me away) in 1973!

When he came on to do his encore, Gord announced that he felt so badly about the cancellation of the 2002 Atlantic shows, but that he was glad to be there this year, that it "does his heart good."
As it does all our hearts.

Thanks, Gord, for making it through ... and making it back.
Louise
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:36 PM   #3
Ginny

And it does my heart good to hear this. Thanks Louise. Ron J.
Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
Doug

Send a message via AIM to Doug

Hi Louise,

welcome to the forum and thanks for the nice review. It's always great to see new names here. I'm happy you had a wonderful evening and I certainly hope, he'll perform 'Minstrel of the Dawn' here in Minneapolis or Duluth as well.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #5
Claudia

Send a message via MSN to Claudia

Hi Louise,

welcome to the forum and thanks for the nice review. It's always great to see new names here. I'm happy you had a wonderful evening and I certainly hope, he'll perform 'Minstrel of the Dawn' here in Minneapolis or Duluth as well.
Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:54 AM   #6
Jesse Joe

Hi Louise,

Welcome, great review, I was also at that concert Friday night. You mentioned things that I had forgot with my post of that friday evening... Especially at the end when he said, that he felt badly about the cancellation in 2002 Atlantic shows. Thanks for that. Hope to be hearing from you more often...

He also mention 'Anne Murray' having a hit with Cotton Jenny, just before he did it. And does anyone know his song that is about making baby's in the North, he did mention that, I think it is 'Waiting For You'. That had also slip my mind. At 51 the mind isn't what it used to be...

What a guy he is... eh !

[ May 14, 2007, 09:09: Message edited by: Jesse-Joe. ]
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:54 AM   #7
Jesse Joe

Hi Louise,

Welcome, great review, I was also at that concert Friday night. You mentioned things that I had forgot with my post of that friday evening... Especially at the end when he said, that he felt badly about the cancellation in 2002 Atlantic shows. Thanks for that. Hope to be hearing from you more often...

He also mention 'Anne Murray' having a hit with Cotton Jenny, just before he did it. And does anyone know his song that is about making baby's in the North, he did mention that, I think it is 'Waiting For You'. That had also slip my mind. At 51 the mind isn't what it used to be...

What a guy he is... eh !

[ May 14, 2007, 09:09: Message edited by: Jesse-Joe. ]
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote