banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 11-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
charlene

Default Dylan visits Neil Youngs childhood home

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2008/11...lan-young.html
(comments at link)

Bob Dylan turns up at Neil Young's childhood home for a tour
Last Updated: Monday, November 10, 2008 | 4:16 PM ET Comments33Recommend92CBC When you live in the house where a world-famous musician grew up, it's expected to be a bit of a draw.

But John Kiernan, who occupies Neil Young’s former Winnipeg home on Grosvenor Avenue, never imagined another famous musician would show up at his door.

Kiernan told CBC News on Monday that he was looking out the window a week ago Sunday and saw his wife talking with two strangers on the front lawn.

“And I'm looking around, and I realize, this guy having a tuque on has really great boots on, these sort of cowboy, motorcycle boots. And he was wearing really nice leather pants. And I realize I'm staring face-to-face with Bob Dylan.”

After the music legend and his manager were invited into the house, Dylan asked a lot of thoughtful questions, including about Neil Young's old bedroom.

“OK, so this was his view, and this was where he listened to his music. It suddenly dawned on me, when you're looking at Bob Dylan standing in a hallway, that he had a very parallel experience 200 miles to the south, sitting in his room, listening to his music, looking out his window.”

Dylan grew up in Hibbing, Minn., about 500 km southeast of Winnipeg, while Neil Young spent his formative high school years playing in Winnipeg rock band The Squires.

Kiernan said Dylan and his manager visited for a while before heading off to tour other areas of the city.

Dylan then played a concert at Winnipeg's MTS Centre later that night, Nov. 2.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
podunklander

Default Re: Dylan visits Neil Youngs childhood home

very, very kewl!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
Jesse Joe

Default Re: Dylan visits Neil Youngs childhood home

That Bob Dylan can be surprising at times... imagine that !
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote