banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 10-24-2002, 12:59 PM   #1
formerlylavender

I just wanted to let everyone know about something my brother, jbt, and I do on and off throughout the year regarding Gord. We have a "Gord Night" where we get together, open a bottle of wine and listen to Gord and only Gord. We started this tradition to "get ready/organized" a few nights before our first Gord concert. We play selected songs or cds, discuss and analyze songs and just purely enjoy the music. This gives us a chance to share our thoughts and our love of Gord without letting outside influences get in the way. It's a few hours of "all Gord, all the time."

Anyway, I'm bringing this up now because last Friday we had a "Gord Night" just because. We watched a video I have of Gord on Soundstage, listened to cds (focusing on the final four) and toasted get-well wishes to Gord.

Does anyone else do anything like this? I highly recommend this to my fellow Gord fans far and wide. Any thoughts???
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 01:34 PM   #2
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

formerlylavendar,
That sounds great, when the weather gets warmer you and jbt should rent a tent, set up a grill and send out invitations. I bet you'd get quite a crowd, LOL.
Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 02:44 PM   #3
Painter

We often have Sunday music sessions during the afternoon/evening whereby we each take turns in choosing what we listen to (we being me, my wife, and two daughters). Every now and then we choose to make the sessions 'Gord only'. We are all Gord fans. These tend to be sing-along sessions rather than just listening, and I sometimes try to play along on guitar. I'm sure we don't do Gord's music justice, but we sure do have a lot of fun!!! Ok. I think I know what we'll be doing this Sunday!!

------------------
Some people join the party, and others say goodnight.
Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 03:19 PM   #4
Oma

Sounds like a really great way to spend some time with the family!!
Oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 03:48 AM   #5
jbt

how did i know my man bill w would reply to formerlylavender's post?? insight and intuition, of course.
and painter, your quote at the bottom of all of your responses has always been a favorite of our topic starter (formerlylavender for those who haven't been paying attention).
but it is true, people, we met for dinner and then had an extraordinary gord night. the one bottle of wine my sister soberly referred to was actually three, or was it thirty?? i cannot answer my own question, i was PLEASANTLY buzzed....
we watched the tape and, as we always do, each played several songs for one another. it was another classic gord night for she and i.
and all the while we toasted (please note the word prayer was not used) to gord's health.
all the best for gord...
and all the sooner for another gord night

jbt
Old 10-27-2002, 10:16 PM   #6
lightbunny

Sounds great to me I'll bring soemthing haven't thougth of it yet hope it's a nice night. Hey how about playing pool I heard Gordon likes pool
lightbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:32 AM   #7
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Insight and intuition! Sounds like a great title for a GL tune - maybe on THE NEXT ONE?

I'm always glad when I can help, maybe I'll do the Valet Parking and hold onto everyone's keys, until they sober up, LOL.

Let's hope he makes it back to our neck of the forest some day soon.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:04 AM   #8
formerlylavender

Painter, your Sunday music sessions sound like fun. It's cool that your two daughters are into Gord too.

Lightbunny, pool sounds good. I know jbt would be into that.

Billw, I have my fingers crossed.
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:34 PM   #9
Scott Mac

This past weekend I visited a friend who moved away a couple of months ago. We listened to the entire "Songbook" album uninterupted. It was wonderful. Five hours of Gordon's music! In the past we have celebrated Gord's birthday by getting together and listening to records and CD's of his music. It is always lots of fun!
Scott Mac is offline   Reply With Quote