banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-25-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
endlesswire78

I just came back from Tower Records and bought Jim Croce's "Facets" the album which has his cover of "Steel Rail Blues." It was reissued this year. Also I bought "Home Recordings." I love this unreleased stuff. I checked in the Gord section. I saw no sign of "Harmony" yet. Also I saw "Sunday Concert" in the CD's. Did the original have lots of photos on the back of the album jacket? It was only $6.99 for the CD. It had cool pics of Gord and one was him playing a classical guitar with a little kid next to him.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:56 PM   #2
endlesswire78

I just came back from Tower Records and bought Jim Croce's "Facets" the album which has his cover of "Steel Rail Blues." It was reissued this year. Also I bought "Home Recordings." I love this unreleased stuff. I checked in the Gord section. I saw no sign of "Harmony" yet. Also I saw "Sunday Concert" in the CD's. Did the original have lots of photos on the back of the album jacket? It was only $6.99 for the CD. It had cool pics of Gord and one was him playing a classical guitar with a little kid next to him.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:19 AM   #3
Borderstone

Endless Wire,yes the original Sunday Concert LP,issued in 1969,had all of those photos on the back of the outer-sleeve. In the 50's and 60s that was a standard practice for record companies. I think they did these kinds of photos,not just for GL,but other artists because they really didn't know what to put on the back besides the song list. I think that's one of his kids in the photo! Not sure.

Good thing someone thought of it,I have LPs from before the 70s and before the 60s and some of them have long paragraphs on the back that are either a review of the artist in general or a story about the artist (which doesn't tell you something you don't know already) or just a ton of Acknowlegements,which give notice to the people involved in the making of the album.

You should get that CD! That is a grat deal,as far as Tower Records goes. They usually have the most GL over anyone! You might want to stop looking for Harmony any earlier than May 11th. When a release date is finally set in stone,it doesn't change. Besides,it's only 15 days away! Patience,grasshopper! In the meantime,click the Harmony mention at the start of the site,it has a photo there now! Kind of reminds me of the back cover photo of,"Salute!" It's been me,Aurevoir!

------------------
Borderstone,gonna post some lines tonight!

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited April 26, 2004).]
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:25 PM   #4
endlesswire78

I would have bought it but I already have the Sunday Concert on the Acoustic Highway series label. I would like to find the Bear Family CD, only one of the bonus tracks I have "Just Like Tom Thumb's blues."
Old 04-26-2004, 09:25 PM   #5
endlesswire78

I would have bought it but I already have the Sunday Concert on the Acoustic Highway series label. I would like to find the Bear Family CD, only one of the bonus tracks I have "Just Like Tom Thumb's blues."
Old 04-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #6
mtheeb

The Bear Family version is available at Amazon.com and, I'm sure, elsewhere.
mtheeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #7
Restless

Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:39 AM   #8
Janice

Actually, B, release dates change all the time - even those set in stone - but since they usually get pushed back, not forward, your advice not to look for it prior to May 11 was sound advice.

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
Endless Wire,yes the original Sunday Concert LP,issued in 1969,had all of those photos on the back of the outer-sleeve. In the 50's and 60s that was a standard practice for record companies. I think they did these kinds of photos,not just for GL,but other artists because they really didn't know what to put on the back besides the song list. I think that's one of his kids in the photo! Not sure.

Good thing someone thought of it,I have LPs from before the 70s and before the 60s and some of them have long paragraphs on the back that are either a review of the artist in general or a story about the artist (which doesn't tell you something you don't know already) or just a ton of Acknowlegements,which give notice to the people involved in the making of the album.

You should get that CD! That is a grat deal,as far as Tower Records goes. They usually have the most GL over anyone! You might want to stop looking for Harmony any earlier than May 11th. When a release date is finally set in stone,it doesn't change. Besides,it's only 15 days away! Patience,grasshopper! In the meantime,click the Harmony mention at the start of the site,it has a photo there now! Kind of reminds me of the back cover photo of,"Salute!" It's been me,Aurevoir!

Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 07:07 AM   #9
DMD3

quote:Originally posted by Restless:

This may sound dumb, but WHY do they call it 'Bear family'?

Bye now.

------------------
Let the tide roll out
Let the tide roll in
It's time to sink or swim

la-la-la-la-la, lala-la-la-lalalala
Old 04-27-2004, 07:07 AM   #10
DMD3

quote:Originally posted by Restless:

Bye now.

------------------
Let the tide roll out
Let the tide roll in
It's time to sink or swim

Old 04-27-2004, 10:18 PM   #11
Janice

DMD3, They call it Bear Family for the same reason they call Sony, Sony or a zebra, a zebra - that's it's name. Why the founders chose to call their company Bear Family really doesn't matter

quote:Originally posted by DMD3:

Bye now.

Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:34 AM   #12
Borderstone

DMD 3,In my opinion they called it Bear Family because bears are a close knit family in the animal kingdom and also because it was named that in the 1970's,kind of like John Denver calling his personal label,"Windsong" or the Beatles calling theirs "Apple". A lot of the back to nature sort of thing that was going on back then. I'm sure that's the answer. Aurevoir!

------------------
Borderstone,gonna post some lines tonight!:D
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:09 PM   #13
Brian 57

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
DMD 3,In my opinion they called it Bear Family because bears are a close knit family in the animal kingdom

Three bears are walking single file. Which one is the warmest?

Brian 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:45 PM   #14
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Which way is the wind blowing ?

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:39 AM   #15
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

quote:Originally posted by Brian 57:
Three bears are walking single file. Which one is the warmest?

I'd have to guess that the front one is the warmest. He's working the hardest. The other two are drafting off him.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com

Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:06 AM   #16
Brian 57

It's the last one. He doesn't have a bear behind.

[This message has been edited by Brian 57 (edited April 30, 2004).]
Brian 57 is offline   Reply With Quote