banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
charlene

Default CORFID registration news

From Florian: (I had heard from folks not able to register)

Registration for new members has been closed for a while, as while it was open “spambots” automatically registered and wrecked havoc with advertisements and spam postings. However, I have changed the registration process now. If someone clicks on register, they do not get the “disabled” message, but instead:

“Please send an email to the adminstrator at: f-bodenseher@gmx.net with your desired forum-nickname to have your account manually registered. A random password will be assigned which you can change later. Please kindly allow for 2-3 days until your account is registered.”

I can then manually open an account for them and register them to post on the forums. Hopefully this will give new members a chance to register while keeping the automated spambots out.

REGARDING ERROR MESSAGES a few of us have encountered when editing our posts:

I’ve noticed the random error messages too, and at this point there is not a lot that can reasonably be done about that, except updating the forum software and hoping this will decrease the chances of these errors happening. The version of the forum software is quite old, but I am hesitant to upgrade it to the newest version as the layout, look and usability will be very much different. I’m not sure if such a big change serves the interests of the forum users. However, the newest version would support smart phones (like iphone and samsung galaxy). Do you think forum members would like to browse and use the forum on these smartphones or tablets?

Florian.

I don't have a phone or tablet so can't speak to the last issue but please post your thoughts...
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Islandgirl1

Default Re: CORFID registration news

I already can browse Corfid on my Windows 8 smart phone and believe that is true of most smart phones. Thank you Char for keeping things up and running around here. It seems to me you've taken on a large chore manually registering new members. Damn those spammers!
Islandgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote