banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2020, 05:02 PM   #1
Off Yonge Street

Default Interview of GL by Robbie Lane - Friday, March 13 - 9 to 10 p.m. ET

An interview of Gordon Lightfoot by Robbie Lane will be aired on Zoomer Radio tonight (March 13, 2020) from 9 to 10 p.m. Eastern Time.

Zoomer Radio can be heard on AM740 in Toronto (with coverage from "Kingston, ON to Windsor, ON" and "Parry Sound, ON to Pittsburgh, PA") and 96.7FM in downtown Toronto. I believe that Zoomer Radio can also be heard via the following link:
https://www.zoomerradio.ca/.

I am especially looking forward to hearing Gordon's answer to the question about his all-time favourite song.

https://www.zoomerradio.ca/blogs/host-blogs/robbie-lane/friday-night-robbie-lane-conversation-gordon-lightfoot/

Robbie Lane will be in conversation with Gordon Lightfoot Friday night [March 13, 2020] from 9-10pm [Eastern Time] for a special exclusive edition of Robbie Remembers.

These two old pals sit down for a chat about Gordon’s brand new album called ‘
SOLO‘, his health issues, and touring plans. Plus we’ll ask Gordon for his ‘all-time favourite’ song – it’s probably not what you expect.

Gordon Lightfoot currently appears on the cover of the March 2020 edition of Zoomer Magazine, on newsstands now! In this issue Gordon was photographed by another Canadian superstar, Bryan Adams.

Last edited by Off Yonge Street; 03-13-2020 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Changing colour of font
Off Yonge Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:17 AM   #2
T.G.

Default Re: Interview of GL by Robbie Lane - Friday, March 13 - 9 to 10 p.m. ET

Didn't get the message in time ... is the interview archived anywhere?
T.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #3
charlene

thanks for posting the link..been crazy busy here but I did listen to a bit of the pre-recorded show..I'm checking to see if it has been archived somewhere..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:55 PM   #4
charlene

VIEW at: http://zoomerradio.ca/videos/robbie-...CFNxcv7upRithQ
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:12 AM   #5
T.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
That's great, thanks!
T.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:32 AM   #6
Off Yonge Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
Thanks, Charlene, for posting the link.​ (The video of Robbie Lane's 15-minute interview of Lightfoot included a few bits that were edited out of the one-hour radio program that aired on Zoomer Radio.​)

When Robbie Lane asked Lightfoot "What is the number one song in your head from Gordon Lightfoot?", I was a bit surprised that Lightfoot responded that he felt his "best" song was "A Passing Ship".​

When Robbie Lane asked Lightfoot to name Lightfoot's favourite song from the "Solo" album, I was also a bit surprised ​when Lightfoot answered "Easy Flo". (In an interview with Markos Papadatos earlier this year (http://www.digitaljournal.com/entert...article/564950), Lightfoot had named "Better Off" as his favourite song from the album.)

​In any event, it was great to hear (on the radio program) "Easy Flo" a few days before the album is released. Of the three songs from the "Solo" album that I have heard so far ("Oh So Sweet", "Why Not Give It A Try" and "Easy Flo"), my favourite is "Oh So Sweet".

It was interesting to learn from the interview that Lightfoot felt that, if he had added band arrangements for the songs on the "Solo" album, it would have taken "two and a half years" to complete the album.

Lightfoot mentioned in the interview that, in addition to the ten songs that are included on the "Solo" album, he has "four or five more tunes left over actually right now". It would be great if those tunes eventually get released to the public!

In case anyone is interested, below are the songs that were played during the one-hour radio program (listed in the order in which they were played):​

Sundown​
If You Could Read My Mind​
Why Not Give It A Try​
Oh So Sweet​
A Passing Ship​
Easy Flo​
Early Morning Rain (1966 version)​
Go Go Round​
The Circle Is Small (1978 version)​
A Painter Passing Through (version from the "All Live" album)​
Home From The Forest​

Last edited by Off Yonge Street; 03-19-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Off Yonge Street is offline   Reply With Quote