banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2002, 10:35 PM   #1
rainydayperson

I just dubbed Hagood Hardy's - "The Homecoming" from vinyl to digtital for download to cd. I love the song "The Homecoming" and had set out to digitize it... quite frankly I'd had forgotten that track 3 on side 2 is an instumental version of "Cold On The Shoulder". It's really quite good...has anyone else heard this version of "Cold On The Shoulder"? I believe Hagood is a Canadian as well.
rainydayperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 10:35 PM   #2
classicmixdj

I just dubbed Hagood Hardy's - "The Homecoming" from vinyl to digtital for download to cd. I love the song "The Homecoming" and had set out to digitize it... quite frankly I'd had forgotten that track 3 on side 2 is an instumental version of "Cold On The Shoulder". It's really quite good...has anyone else heard this version of "Cold On The Shoulder"? I believe Hagood is a Canadian as well.
classicmixdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:16 AM   #3
char

Hagood died of stomach cancer in 1997 at 59 years of age.He wrote The Homecoming for a Salada Tea Commercial in 1972 and was released in 1975 as a song. He rec'd Juno awards, Order of Canada etc.
That song is wonderful - I always enjoy listening to it when I hear it.
Char
char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 04:32 PM   #4
rainydayperson

Hard to think of that beautiful, (The Homecoming)haunting melody as being inspired by a commercial. Hagood Hardy was some talent...I'm sad to hear that he passed from cancer.
rainydayperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 04:32 PM   #5
classicmixdj

Hard to think of that beautiful, (The Homecoming)haunting melody as being inspired by a commercial. Hagood Hardy was some talent...I'm sad to hear that he passed from cancer.
classicmixdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:58 AM   #6
fan

Hi to anyone who can help me please - I am in UK.

Don't know if you can help. I am trying to track down a CD album to buy of Hagood Hardy's 'The Homecoming'.

I haven't heard it for many years and sadly I lost the album which meant so much to me at the time.

Do you know where I can buy this from please (will need to ship to UK) - do you even know if it was later produced in CD format?!!

Thank you for your time,
Old 03-10-2005, 08:58 AM   #7
fan

Don't know if you can help. I am trying to track down a CD album to buy of Hagood Hardy's 'The Homecoming'.

I haven't heard it for many years and sadly I lost the album which meant so much to me at the time.

Do you know where I can buy this from please (will need to ship to UK) - do you even know if it was later produced in CD format?!!

Thank you for your time,
Old 03-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #8
StandingOvation

"The Homecoming" was always one of my favorite instrumental tunes. I was in Bed, Bath & Beyond recently and heard it playing. I was standing at one of their displays of Instrumental/Mood Inspiring CD's, and "The Homecoming" was on one of the CD's. You might want to check there, if you have that store in your area. If not, I'm sure you could check online. Oops, I just contributed to a "we're supposed to be talking about GL here, and we're not!" thread! My bad!

Melissa
StandingOvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
mjoe

"The Homecoming" was always one of my favorite instrumental tunes. I was in Bed, Bath & Beyond recently and heard it playing. I was standing at one of their displays of Instrumental/Mood Inspiring CD's, and "The Homecoming" was on one of the CD's. You might want to check there, if you have that store in your area. If not, I'm sure you could check online. Oops, I just contributed to a "we're supposed to be talking about GL here, and we're not!" thread! My bad!

Melissa
mjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:01 PM   #10
Janice

Well, the Hagood Hardy album, The Homecoming, supposedly has an instrumental of Cold On The Shoulder - so your safe Melissa and this conversation is Gord related enough for me, anyway

There are just so many times that one can say/read, "Gord and his music are great," and keep this message board going for as many years as it's been going. Sometimes ya just got to branch out a bit. I see nothing wrong with discussing other music. No doubt, Gord listens to other music and since Hagood Hardy recorded Cold On The Shoulder, he evidently was inspired to some degree by Gord, as a lot of other musicians have been.

That's just my loose change on the "subject of the board" issue.

Janice
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 PM   #11
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

quote:Originally posted by mjoe:

Melissa

Melissa,

That's OK I'll swing it back to GL, LOL. It was nice meeting you and Denny at that GL concert. Say hello to Denny from me. Thanks.

Bill

BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 05:32 AM   #12
SeattleRain

quote:Originally posted by fan:

Thank you for your time,

Try this: http://www.cdconnection.com/bin/nph-...source=adwords
SeattleRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 05:32 AM   #13
Jim Nasium

quote:Originally posted by fan:

Thank you for your time,

Jim Nasium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #14
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by Jim Nasium:

Thank you Jim you reminded me that cd collection at:- http://www.cdcollection.com
better still this sub page with a search box http://www.cdconnection.com/bin/nph-main/XYHwpOFPViE5.b
despite their heading that they are an amazon.com company
If you search for Gordon Lightfoot you will find that their presentation of the results is independant of and very different
and to Amazon's; in particular each album shown links to a more detailed page upon which just about every album has 30-second
clips of each track rather like the late lamented listing on Valerie Magee's cornucopial site.This extends to the great Bear Family double CD of DSMMN/BHOE which has a clip of one of the Spin Spin versions.Unfortunately the Bear "Sunday Concert Plus" album although listed has no clips of its 5 bonus tracks.I am pretty sure that a few months ago when I looked they listed for sale Gord's Gold One complete
with clips but it has now been removed.I think I remember however saving the web page if so the old clip links might still
work I must check.Against that however the listing for the Songbook 4-cd box set does incude clips for every one of its 88
tracks and moreover the 81 results now include what looks suspiciously like every album upon which a Gord song appears or
where as in the case of Al Watchman's favo(u)rite Mark Knopfler's Shangri-La the reviewer mentions Gord.
In that case the reviewer says perspicaciously "but Knopfler fans and lovers of Chet Atkins, Gordon Lightfoot, and J.J. Cale,as well as late-night poker players and early risers with an acerbic streak, will find much to love here"!!! do you play
poker Al?? (we already know that you have an acerbic streak!!)
And they also include the Harry Tracy DVD if anyone still wants one at only $6.60.
John Fowles

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited March 12, 2005).]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #15
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by Jim Nasium:

Thank you Jim you reminded me that cd collection at:- http://www.cdcollection.com
better still this sub page with a search box http://www.cdconnection.com/bin/nph-main/XYHwpOFPViE5.b
despite their heading that they are an amazon.com company
If you search for Gordon Lightfoot you will find that their presentation of the results is independant of and very different
and to Amazon's; in particular each album shown links to a more detailed page upon which just about every album has 30-second
clips of each track rather like the late lamented listing on Valerie Magee's cornucopial site.This extends to the great Bear Family double CD of DSMMN/BHOE which has a clip of one of the Spin Spin versions.Unfortunately the Bear "Sunday Concert Plus" album although listed has no clips of its 5 bonus tracks.I am pretty sure that a few months ago when I looked they listed for sale Gord's Gold One complete
with clips but it has now been removed.I think I remember however saving the web page if so the old clip links might still
work I must check.Against that however the listing for the Songbook 4-cd box set does incude clips for every one of its 88
tracks and moreover the 81 results now include what looks suspiciously like every album upon which a Gord song appears or
where as in the case of Al Watchman's favo(u)rite Mark Knopfler's Shangri-La the reviewer mentions Gord.
In that case the reviewer says perspicaciously "but Knopfler fans and lovers of Chet Atkins, Gordon Lightfoot, and J.J. Cale,as well as late-night poker players and early risers with an acerbic streak, will find much to love here"!!! do you play
poker Al?? (we already know that you have an acerbic streak!!)
And they also include the Harry Tracy DVD if anyone still wants one at only $6.60.
John Fowles

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited March 12, 2005).]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote