banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-05-2003, 10:41 PM   #1
Lil Hoov@aol.com

Always loved this song by Gordon ,his original version is the best but I always liked Glenn Campbell's singing of this too. While going through some old tapes this week , I came across an album by Andy Williams which I put on cassette and Andy sings a beautiful version of this song too.Andy of course always has that Smooth voice when he sings,I have always liked Andy,he must have been impressed with Gordon's song to use it himself on an album... Randy
Old 09-05-2003, 10:41 PM   #2
Lil Hoov@aol.com

Always loved this song by Gordon ,his original version is the best but I always liked Glenn Campbell's singing of this too. While going through some old tapes this week , I came across an album by Andy Williams which I put on cassette and Andy sings a beautiful version of this song too.Andy of course always has that Smooth voice when he sings,I have always liked Andy,he must have been impressed with Gordon's song to use it himself on an album... Randy
Old 09-06-2003, 09:34 AM   #3
talbot10

interesting Randy! I never knew Andy did the song. I love Glen's version. it is one of Gord's great songs for sure.

Bill Hall
talbot10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 06:47 PM   #4
DMD3

I've only heard Gords recording of the song on Songbook but it is a good song.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:47 PM   #5
DMD3

I've only heard Gords recording of the song on Songbook but it is a good song.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:29 PM   #6
Borderstone

I have Glen Cambell's version. It's almost alike! Get either Glen's 1973 LP with that title or get the 1976 LP "Best Of GLen Campbell like I did. It's worth it! Later!

------------------
Borderstone - "Little 'Ol Message Maker Me!"
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:43 PM   #7
scottwp

One of my favorite Gord songs too. The title actually is: Last Time I Saw Her. The first line of the lyric is "The last time I saw her face".
scottwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:43 PM   #8
Steve

One of my favorite Gord songs too. The title actually is: Last Time I Saw Her. The first line of the lyric is "The last time I saw her face".
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 05:34 PM   #9
Borderstone

Speaking of this,that's the name of the album that Glen put out! Not only does it have that GL song but Glen also does IYCRMM! I saw the LP last night at an antiques store,I'm going right after I log off.
Later@the $>! (Cool cash point).

------------------
Borderstone - "Little 'Ol Message Maker Me!"
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:33 PM   #10
Lil Hoov

After mentioning the fact that Andy Williams sang "THE LAST TIME I SAW HER", I did some searching and found a CD. of Andy's called; B SIDES AND RARITIES". I found this in the Collectors Choice music magazine which I receive in the mail once a month. On this CD. Andy sing that song and also sings, IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND. Both songs are done very nicely by Andy.Gord's songs will be around forever because they are so moving and beautiful. I will always like them with Gordon himself singing but it is a true compliment when other great singers cover an artist songs themselves.... Randy
Old 09-26-2003, 08:33 PM   #11
Lil Hoov

After mentioning the fact that Andy Williams sang "THE LAST TIME I SAW HER", I did some searching and found a CD. of Andy's called; B SIDES AND RARITIES". I found this in the Collectors Choice music magazine which I receive in the mail once a month. On this CD. Andy sing that song and also sings, IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND. Both songs are done very nicely by Andy.Gord's songs will be around forever because they are so moving and beautiful. I will always like them with Gordon himself singing but it is a true compliment when other great singers cover an artist songs themselves.... Randy