banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
charlene

Default Two Tones sale

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/Details....d=110674707417
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee
Default Re: Two Tones sale

Gee. That's a nice price. More than I spent for mine! (My two actually, one each on Canatel and Chateau). Most records sell for less today than I paid when I was feverishly collecting!
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
Jenney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlmagee View Post
Gee. That's a nice price. More than I spent for mine! (My two actually, one each on Canatel and Chateau). Most records sell for less today than I paid when I was feverishly collecting!
You and me both Val!! Gee, if I could be sure I'd get that price now, I might be inclined to sell a few things. Sadly though, you and I hit it when stuff was way up there. I'll never forget the Summer Side of Life songbook that I bought, misplacing my decimel point and paying over $200 for on ebay. You don't even want to know where it is now!!
Jenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

Smile. I thought of you, of course, when I posted that. I almost said "Jenney and I paid", but figured I'd leave it to you to make your own financial disclosures!

FYI, I sold a package of vinyl over the holidays to a GL fan who was buying a gift for his son. Another gift was a new turntable, so this was part of a family "package". I sold most of the records at my cost, which I told him, but verified all of them with recent Ebay sales. Some records are sold for prices all over the place, particularly the MFSL Sundown. I sold him a NM copy; mine in fact. That is, the one that I had bought when the record came out. It was played many times, but lovingly, on a (then) high end turntable with the best of needles, and the record was always cleaned before playing. Mine sounded better than the other NM one I had, bought on Ebay, so I parted with it. I also have a sealed one, for which I spent a sinful amount, and which still sells for sinful amounts. (The other records were all sealed copies of regular albums, not rarities. He wrote back to tell me how much enjoyment the whole family had, and I guess those sealed copies - all bought 10 years or so ago on Ebay - were all in pristine condition inside).

PS: I you want to sell, I can put the item in my store, which is how I sold mine, and take my "normal" percentage. I keep intending to put up some photos. I have sold a few without putting them up, and I know they would sell. The posters, on the other hand, for which I (we?) paid ridiculous amounts don't sell for as much so I think I'll keep them for another decade or two.
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote