banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2004, 09:25 PM   #1
Shelby T

I am Titans daughter, Shelby. I am eight years old. My daddy listens to Gorden Lightfoot all the time. I went to Michigan and saw the bell from the Edmund Fitsgerald. And I went on a train ride through Canida. We went over a tressel.

My favoret song that he sings is Pussiswilows Cattails.I also like Wreck of the E.F.. I wrote Gord a letter but he didn't respond.My dad said he didn't feel well. But now I know he is getting better.
I would really like to meet him.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:25 PM   #2
Shelby T

I am Titans daughter, Shelby. I am eight years old. My daddy listens to Gorden Lightfoot all the time. I went to Michigan and saw the bell from the Edmund Fitsgerald. And I went on a train ride through Canida. We went over a tressel.

My favoret song that he sings is Pussiswilows Cattails.I also like Wreck of the E.F.. I wrote Gord a letter but he didn't respond.My dad said he didn't feel well. But now I know he is getting better.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #3
Shazia

Hello...I don't know much of what is going on with him...what type of surgery is he having and what is it for? ?

I am from Michigan myself, and that is why the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a special song. It is the first Lightfoot song that I have ever heard!

[This message has been edited by trudiewannabe (edited February 23, 2004).]
Shazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #4
trudiewannabe

Hello...I don't know much of what is going on with him...what type of surgery is he having and what is it for? ?

I am from Michigan myself, and that is why the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a special song. It is the first Lightfoot song that I have ever heard!

trudiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:44 PM   #5
Auburn Annie

quote:Originally posted by trudiewannabe:

It's a repair job. When he was first taken ill with a ruptured aneuysm between his pancreas and liver in September 2002 they had to get into his abdominal cavity in a hurry to save his life and in the process damaged the muscles that give support to the diaphragm (so important for singing.) So last week they took long muscles from his thigh to rebuild them. Since it's his own tissue there should be little or no problem with rejection. He'll need time to heal both leg and abdominal incisions, and postop physical therapy to strengthen the areas but - hopefully - he (and we) should know in a couple of months if it was enough to power his singing.

Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:44 PM   #6
Auburn Annie

quote:Originally posted by trudiewannabe:

It's a repair job. When he was first taken ill with a ruptured aneuysm between his pancreas and liver in September 2002 they had to get into his abdominal cavity in a hurry to save his life and in the process damaged the muscles that give support to the diaphragm (so important for singing.) So last week they took long muscles from his thigh to rebuild them. Since it's his own tissue there should be little or no problem with rejection. He'll need time to heal both leg and abdominal incisions, and postop physical therapy to strengthen the areas but - hopefully - he (and we) should know in a couple of months if it was enough to power his singing.

Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:51 PM   #7
Shazia

Wow I didn't know it was this monumental of a surgery

I can now see how Gordon's fans are so concerned about his ability to sing given this problem

Thank you Auburn Annie for the information
Shazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:51 PM   #8
trudiewannabe

Wow I didn't know it was this monumental of a surgery

I can now see how Gordon's fans are so concerned about his ability to sing given this problem

Thank you Auburn Annie for the information
trudiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 01:21 PM   #9
DMD3

quote:Originally posted by Shelby T:

Forget your password?
Old 02-23-2004, 01:21 PM   #10
DMD3

Forget your password?
Old 02-23-2004, 06:16 PM   #11
titan

Shelby wanted to post a message and it had been a long time so we forgot her password.
I clicked on the yellow FORGET YOUR PASSWORD?
but it requires an E-mail address and Shelby does not have her own. We used mine when we first registered and it won't send the password if more than one registered user shares an E-mail.

She likes to get involved with the internet
so I let her get on my machine with very little supervision. I will help her with her spelling. She is very smart for eight years old and I'm very proud of her.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:16 PM   #12
titan

Shelby wanted to post a message and it had been a long time so we forgot her password.
but it requires an E-mail address and Shelby does not have her own. We used mine when we first registered and it won't send the password if more than one registered user shares an E-mail.

so I let her get on my machine with very little supervision. I will help her with her spelling. She is very smart for eight years old and I'm very proud of her.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:51 PM   #13
SomewhereupinMichigan

Understandably so, Titan! And let's hope Shelby that you always have such good taste in music, throughout life!
SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:16 AM   #14
Janice

Hi Shelby! It's good to hear from you, again. Your train ride sounds like a lot of fun - was the tressel a really high one?

Pussy Willows, Cat-tails is a very pretty song and it's one of my favorites, too!

You tell your dad to keep letting you come back to chat with us - we love hearing what's going on with you!

Now that Gord is getting better, hopefully you'll be able to meet him. I bet he will be thrilled to know that you like his songs.

Janice

Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:19 AM   #15
Janice

You have every reason to be proud of Shelby, Titan. Not to worry, at 8, her spelling is better than some adults I know

Janice

quote:Originally posted by titan:

Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:28 AM   #16
anne41

Shelby, thanks for letting us know about your trip. Daddy sure does a good job of choosing the right trip. It sounds like lots of fun.
The songs you mentioned are some of my favorites, too.
Hope you do get to meet Gordon Lightfoot.
bye Shelby
anne41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:28 AM   #17
morning glory

Shelby, thanks for letting us know about your trip. Daddy sure does a good job of choosing the right trip. It sounds like lots of fun.
The songs you mentioned are some of my favorites, too.
Hope you do get to meet Gordon Lightfoot.
bye Shelby
morning glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:35 PM   #18
DMD3

quote:Originally posted by Janice:
You have every reason to be proud of Shelby, Titan. Not to worry, at 8, her spelling is better than some adults I know

Janice

I hope your not talking about me.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:35 PM   #19
DMD3

quote:Originally posted by Janice:

Janice

Old 02-24-2004, 01:58 PM   #20
Morgus

quote:Originally posted by DMD3:

Mee eether.
Morgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:58 PM   #21
AZroute74

quote:Originally posted by DMD3:

Mee eether.
AZroute74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:36 PM   #22
Steve DeRosa

Hi Shelby,

I have a little girl who will be 8 in 3 weeks! She likes the song Carefree Highway and she likes trains, too! She really loves Lake Superior...did you get to see the lake on your trip? She likes to swim in the lake, but doesn't stay in the water for long because it is VERY cold! She loves to climb the bluffs along the lake at Little Girl's Point in MI.

I hope you and your dad get to meet Gordon Lightfoot someday!

Steve DeRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:36 PM   #23
Oma

Hi Shelby,

I have a little girl who will be 8 in 3 weeks! She likes the song Carefree Highway and she likes trains, too! She really loves Lake Superior...did you get to see the lake on your trip? She likes to swim in the lake, but doesn't stay in the water for long because it is VERY cold! She loves to climb the bluffs along the lake at Little Girl's Point in MI.

I hope you and your dad get to meet Gordon Lightfoot someday!

Oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:39 PM   #24
Borderstone

Hi ya,Shelby! Borderstone here!
<------That's just me being myself!

I'm jealous! You got to go to Mr. Lightfoot's country. I wanna go! Oh well,what can a Borderstone do? I know! This!---->
Really though,I'm happy for you guys.

So,heard any good knock knock jokes lately? ...any bad one's?

I have! Knock-knock! Who's there? Crocodile! Crocodile who? Croco,dile the phone and order me a pizza!!!

I know! I've heard better too. Been me,later!

------------------
Borderstone,gonna post some lines tonight!

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited February 24, 2004).]
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:48 PM   #25
Shelby T

Hi Shelby here Thanks for writing to me I went on a bridge on vacation but I don't know watchmacall it I also did see Superior I got some information off a bookmark here some of it Launched on June8,1958,lost all hands november 1O,1975.OOPS SORRY that stuff was about the E.F. I got to go byeshelby.