banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-21-2003, 09:01 PM   #1
jbt1976

The following was posted on Wayne Francis' site www.lightfoot.ca
AUTHORIZED TRIBUTE ALBUM IN THE WORKS

A new authorized tribute album is in the works with much of the recording completed. The lineup includes Blue Rodeo; Cowboy Junkies; Tragically Hip; Murray McLauchlan; Bruce Cockburn; Blackie & The Rodeo Kings; Maria Muldaur; Connie Caldor; Terry Tufts; Harry Manx; Ron Sexsmith; Quartette; Aengus Finnan; James Keelaghan and perhaps one or two additional artists to be announced. I'll post release the date when available.
jbt1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
Next Saturday

The following was posted on Wayne Francis' site www.lightfoot.ca
AUTHORIZED TRIBUTE ALBUM IN THE WORKS

A new authorized tribute album is in the works with much of the recording completed. The lineup includes Blue Rodeo; Cowboy Junkies; Tragically Hip; Murray McLauchlan; Bruce Cockburn; Blackie & The Rodeo Kings; Maria Muldaur; Connie Caldor; Terry Tufts; Harry Manx; Ron Sexsmith; Quartette; Aengus Finnan; James Keelaghan and perhaps one or two additional artists to be announced. I'll post release the date when available.
Next Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:14 PM   #3
Borderstone

Cool! Out of all those artists though,I only know a few. Bruce Cockburn (co-burn)/Cowboy Junkies/Tragically Hip and Maria "Midnight At The Oasis" Muldaur. Haven't heard about her since,"I'm A Woman". Definetley looking forward to this now! I wish I was one of the artists,I'd reign supreme on Carefree Highway! Later!

------------------
Borderstone (An,"Avid Listner" of G.L.)
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:54 AM   #4
Alberta

This album will be released on the Northern Blues recording label and should be out in September/November.
Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:54 AM   #5
Kenyon

This album will be released on the Northern Blues recording label and should be out in September/November.
Kenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:12 PM   #6
SomewhereupinMichigan

Rox Sexsmith (unlike Cockburn it is pronounced just like it looks) is a local Toronto singer who has had limited regional success and is a huge Lightfoot fan. I have a pair of his CDs that I picked up a couple of summers ago while in the Buffalo area...not bad but no Gordon Lightfoot either! Hmmm...as fellow Canadians I have always thought that Bruce Cockburn and Ron Sexsmith oughta team up - must be the ribald sense of humour popping out in me.
SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:15 PM   #7
Borderstone

Michigan,since we have a President named Bush and a Vice President named Dick :-I think all of America shares your sense of humor! Later! (Are you surprised I'd post that? Me too!)

------------------
Borderstone (An,"Avid Listner" of G.L.)
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote