banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-07-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
talbot10

I wrote (in the appropriate section) a comment in support of Pro-life activities
in South Dakota.
Deb wrote back with an opinion that disagreed with mine (which is her right).
I further responded (which is my right). We are all adults. Deb is my friend.
neither of us said anything nasty to the other.
Why was the thread removed? why the selective censorship?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
charlene

While I respect that you both have your opinions and aired them in fair and non-attack modes in the appropriate section I did feel that the topic, much like religion and politics would escalate (as many have) into nastiness and personal insults. If all were as level headed and respectful as you two in your posts perhaps this would not be an issue. Unfortunately that is not the case in a large public forum such as this and I felt it not a topic that really should be on any such site as this fan site -even in the 'small talk' section. The topic is anything but 'small talk' regardless of what genre it may be labelled.
I'm sorry for any offense in removing it but did what I felt was best for the whole of this community in light of several other interactions at CORFID that did escalate into nastiness.
The decision to remove the topic was in no way related to a bias towards either opinion stated.
I thank you for understanding my position in this discourse.
respectfully,
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
Auburn Annie

And you can always carry on using the private email function, which I find a neat addition to the forums.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #4
brink-

I use the GL forum as an escape, this is where I come when I just want to relax. I hate coming here and it looks like I just pulled up CNN news and the debates are going. This used to be a fun place and I truly wish that it would to back to that.
Maybe it is the long winter, maybe not, but look at some of the posts lately. Some of us have really gotten mean and have totally lost respect for each other - that is really sad.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:12 PM   #5
Auburn Annie

Eh, I think it's a combination of spring fever (or cabin fever for those of us in chillier climes) and lack of Lightfoot news, now that he's between gigs for a while. Wouldn't hearing that he's working on releasing an album of live concert tracks get us all abuzzin'?? - For the record, folks, that's just me "What if?"-ing, not fact.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
charlene

and Annie I think a November 2006 release of such an album would be FABULOUS!
Now to get The Man on track with us....hmmmmm.....
Perhaps a write-in campaign????
inundate EMP with requests for a LIVE concert CD encompassing his whole career....with a DVD with appropriate concert footage!
and a booklet of pics.....oh my....
Old 03-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #7
Auburn Annie

Well, NOW you're talking (and he thought he'd have a few months downtime ... snort, chortle, heh heh heh....)

Sorry folks, I'm fighting a bad case of the sillies. Our eldest, age 22, is buying his first house in a couple of days and you'd think it was his father and I who were negotiating the straits of real estate. I'm up to my eyeballs in curtain measurements, gas and electric and cable hook-ups, agent and lawyers' phone calls, and believe me, shopping with a 22 year-old guy is no fun. His attention span is about 15 minutes and the basic response to what style, color, etc. is a shrug and "plain." So he has a black three light pole lamp, clear dishes, black and white appliances, navy (who hoo!!) curtains. It's a tiny (936 sq ft) 2 story house so finding furnishings scaled to the space is a challenge. Please God, he closes on Friday.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #8
Iron

After that sandwich,maybe we should give Him 3 to 4 weeks recovery time,just to play it safe..
Old 03-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #9
Auburn Annie

Oh, I don't know, he looked plenty recovered; positively in the pink of health.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #10
brink-

congratulations to your son (and you; if he has been living at home).
There has been talk that the man has been recording the Massey Hall shows. Wouldn't that be great! Char, that would be a fantastic idea, but do you think it would sell? lol

[ March 07, 2006, 21:25: Message edited by: brink- ]
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #11
Auburn Annie

Yeah - he did the "living with the guys" thing for about a year, 3 different locations, but it always fell through so he moved back in last spring but had decided he wanted a place of his own so started saving. It helped that he got a big promotion in the fall. He found a small three bedroom place with a mortgage payment that's not much more than rent in an okay neighborhood. If we live through the next 72 hours I'll be happy - I just heard from the lawyer that there's an open mortgage on the title, somewhere from the past. Previous owners probably someone didn't file mortgage discharge papers, but it's one more thing to worry about.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #12
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

I've heard talk of a 17-track album, but I don't know any more about it. Yes, more news from GL would probably put us all in a better mood.

I hope so he'll release several more albums during these next few years. The more the merrier.
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #13
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

Char, can you split this into two new topics? Both the happy hopefulness posts of Gord-ness and his recording the Massey concerts and the other of Annie's son's house? I know we'd like to keep up with both topics, but, not necessarily under the current title. Thanks!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #14
Auburn Annie

No problem - my last post on this topic. He closes tomorrow at 3!!! YEE HAWWWWWW!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #15
charlene

Sheryl - the problem you have has been solved.

congrats Annie- I can send my son as a room-mate if he wants!
lol
Old 03-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #16
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

I have no problem.
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote