banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 06-19-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
lighthead2toe

Default For Loving Me

Since we lost
Red Shea I've been trying to go out there and find what's available anywhere his presence turns up as I'm convinced that it's still part of the mourning process. I didn't even know him but in some understandable way I was drawn sort of "next door" to him as an admirer of how he understood Gord's composing style and what he did with it to make it work so well. He was such a big part of what made the Lightfoot sound and I was there when he came into the band and was forever in awe of what he continuously churned out as being a significant part of the creative process of what would eventually become "Gord's Gold." That memory lives on and I am a very lucky man to have been there to experience that wonderful era. But I just had to get that out before the reason for this post came about. Sorry, I don't know to do paragraphs. On the you tube video of "For Loving Me" I read through the commentary and the question of who the musicians were came up. I answered and although I didn't hesitate to state that it was Red Shea on the lead guitar, I went through my collection of stats and zeroed in on a young Rick Haynes as being the bass player on that video. That's the answer I gave but I would like to ask that others here take a look at this video and share their views as well because an inquiry came back to me for confirmation. Many Thanks. Ron J.
lighthead2toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
jj

Default Re: For Loving Me

hi Ron, that's a for sure if you mean the Music Scene vid

oh, I'm no typist but to make a paragraph you just hit the 'return' or 'enter' key (may not be labeled on your Mac...hey, how the Garage Band recording etc coming on that toy fo yours?)

I can't find any better footage of Red than on the CBC Telescope with Fletcher Markle, where they are laying down Pussywillows

That post-GL, CBC show he hosted was likely a local show broadcast in the praries only so Ron, if you have any contacts out west who used to tape on VHS waaay back, that footage would be great to find

I didn't realize I lived 10 mins from Red during a 20 year stretch...I am aiming to hookup with some old band/music chums from York Region area and see if they have any anecdotes or perhaps were his students ...cheers, jj
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
jj

note: Ron, if you mean youtube footage from this concert then the answer would be Stockfish

http://www.johnfowles.org.uk//LIGHTF...n_The_Hour.jpg

as Sir john pointed out, that footage of Mountains and Marianne was previously unseen (well, unless you're perhaps Wayne!) prior to the Hour bio
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
lighthead2toe

Thank you so much JJ, and yes it was the Music Scene one.
That paragraphing exercise seemed to work well ay?
And so did that one. That confirms my return and enter buttons are alive and well thanks to you. I would never have known till now.
I did send an email to Ron Nigrini and we'll see what he says about the John Stockfish matter. Ron is a very talented guy and also a fine composer. He's been on the Toronto circuit for many years and it's great to see he's a regular at Hugh's Room.
Cheers, RJ.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
lighthead2toe

Thank you so much JJ, and yes it was the Music Scene one.
That paragraphing exercise seemed to work well ay?
And so did that one. That confirms my return and enter buttons are alive and well thanks to you. I would never have known till now.
I did send an email to Ron Nigrini and we'll see what he says about the John Stockfish matter. Ron is a very talented guy and also a fine composer. He's been on the Toronto circuit for many years and it's great to see he's a regular at Hugh's Room.
Cheers, RJ.