banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Jim Nasium

Default Thank you America

Grateful thanks to all you wonderful Americans for taking Cheryl Cole off our hands (here in the UK) she will be on your version of X Factor. I have been wondering for some time how we can get rid of her, in the nicest possible way of course. Please don't send her back.

Cheryl Cole says she's not worried about Americans understanding her accent after being appointed as a judge on the US version of The X Factor
Jim Nasium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
Jim Nasium

Default Re: Thank you America

Oh dear! Looks like you have wised up and are sending her back. Thanks very Much!

Cheryl Cole is reported to have been replaced by Nicole Sherzinger as a judge on the US version of The X Factor.

US gossip site TMZ claims that the main reason for Chezza losing the coveted job was that producers feared viewers would not be able to understand her Geordie accent.
And the site also claims that former Pussycat Doll Nicole is the hot favourite to take over her seat alongside Simon Cowell on the show's judging panel.

There were also concerns that Girls Aloud star Cheryl had a "lack of chemistry" with fellow judge Paula Abdul, the website said.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #3
timetraveler

I've got just one question. Just what exactly is a Geordie accent?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
David

Or more to the point, what exactly is a Cheryl Cole? Actually, please leave that one be. Don't answer; I don't really want to know...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
Jim Nasium

Very wise, David, I don't wanna know either but we are stuck with her. timetraveler, a geordie accent comes from the north east of England, Mainly the city of Newcastle. If you can remember the group The Animals, they were Geordies, and probably still are.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
timetraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nasium View Post
Very wise, David, I don't wanna know either but we are stuck with her. timetraveler, a geordie accent comes from the north east of England, Mainly the city of Newcastle. If you can remember the group The Animals, they were Geordies, and probably still are.
I have some small memories of the Animals, of course I was a kid back then as well. Anywho, from what I can remember of some old news footage that I once saw on a rock & roll documentary, they seem to sound a lot like many Americans here do. Maybe that's why I never really noticed their speaking voices & only payed attention to the music. And as for who Cheryl cole is, I was going to ask that very question myself. Sounds like her accent must be really awful to hear. Of course, I'm not going to worry about it though, as there are so many of these talent/reality shows on that I just put in a video, pop a bag of popcorn & let it roll.