banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
TC

Default Following the Lightfoot band

Sitting here right now listening to the Live 75 Red Rocks concert, going over the October 2009 tour schedule. A couple things...I don't "do" computers so have any of you put this (Red Rocks Concert) onto a CD and if so could you burn me a copy? It's classic stuff, even being audience recorded.

Back to the tour. I was studying the October tour dates thinking how cool it would be to follow a half dozen or so of these concerts. I've never done this but I would sure like to. I suppose I'd better not sit on it for to long huh?

My question is, what's the longest "stretch" of concerts you've attended? I've done only two in one season but now I'm thinking I need to ramp that up a bit. Go to the next level.

TC
TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
SherylKat

Default Re: Following the Lightfoot band

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC View Post
Sitting here right now listening to the Live 75 Red Rocks concert, going over the October 2009 tour schedule. A couple things...I don't "do" computers so have any of you put this (Red Rocks Concert) onto a CD and if so could you burn me a copy? It's classic stuff, even being audience recorded.

Back to the tour. I was studying the October tour dates thinking how cool it would be to follow a half dozen or so of these concerts. I've never done this but I would sure like to. I suppose I'd better not sit on it for to long huh?

My question is, what's the longest "stretch" of concerts you've attended? I've done only two in one season but now I'm thinking I need to ramp that up a bit. Go to the next level.

TC
Hi, TC (still looking for the coupons, LOL!) Dream Street Rose I think is or maybe just completed a longer string of concerts than I've done, but my longest string was at Massey May 2008. Highly recommend Massey to any Lightfoot fan - I think it's Lightfoot's best venue and it's really like a huge faily reunion, or a big cocktail party, with lots of mingling before the comcert and at intermission. I've heard the jam session by corfidians that's usually held at a pub during the Massey Run is extremely good, and fun. Other than Massey, I guess my longest "stretch" is a paltry three in a row - San Carlos in 1976 (wonder if Circle in the Square is still there?), and Sahara Tahoe in 1977. I mostly do two in a row -- had a great time this year at NYC Town Hall and Tarrytown, Uni Amphitheatre in 1976, and Sacramento-San Jose in 1977. It's interesting to see how the songs are changed slightly differently from night to night, I was going to take in four concerts this Spring (Richmond, VA; Charlotteville; Roanoke; and Charleston, SC but picked up a strain of that flu going around. Only made Richmond. If I'm going to be traveling to a specific area, I try to see if a Lightfoot concert is in or close to that town. Usually there are ine or two corfidians in the first couple of rows! Word of warning, though: you won't see a "fashion show" - LIghtfoot wears the same smoking jacket and vest, and if you've heard the Elvis joke or the hare on the back joke, you're SURE to hear it again! LOL However, even that makes it familiar and fun.

Another what I've found to be wonderful highlight is seeing all these wonderful "old" theatres (for the most part) Lightfoot is booked in - and it's great that we're helping to contribute to "saving" these little treasures! (Remember the Alhambra in Sacramento that ISN'T there anymore?)

So TC, I think you're going to Napa this year - Grant's Pass is the day before, and San Juan Capistrano is a couple of days later, along with a couple of other Southern California venues after SJC!

BUT SERIOUSLY I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANY LIGHTFOOT FAN TO SAVE THEIR PENNIES (give up Starbuck's for awhile and take something cheap for lunch!) and go to MASSEY HALL. I've never seen a better concert by any group in any venue, and you get to check out Toronto, which has become my adopted city! Happy travels! - SherylKat