banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #51
Gitchigumee

Quote:
Originally posted by johnfowles:
... a nasty habit that my 2000 stroke fortunately enabled me to give up. Yes it will be 7 years on the 19th of January (I went into hospital on January 19th 2000) since I last inhaled the deadly nicotine [/QB]
Congratulations! In March it will be 3 years for me, since I gave up the filthy habit.
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #52
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Bro10:
Quoting BILLW.... "Well Gitchigumee it just goes to show that the ONE thing we ALL have in common here is a love of all things LIGHTFOOT. Once we stray from that common ground our interests are quite varied and rarely overlap."

I beg to differ on the "interests ....rarely overlap", BILLW. For example there is a thread a mile long on aviation. then check the later portion of this tread! Who would have ever thought there would be such keen interest in the historical significance (sp) of Fairfax Co. VA etc, etc....
This is not even to mention that the average Corfidian possesses no ability to stay on topic!!! How on earth do you start with a discussion on the origins of the name "corfid" and end up in Fairfax Co VA??? with much more info about our first president, George Washington, that I didn't know before! Oh yeah, not to mention the bit of insight into the "Brit-Aussie dynamic". This thread went all over the place!!!
In summary,We have enough in common to bind us, and enough diversity to keep it interesting!! So I'll keep coming back for more of the same... sounds familiar??
LOL

Pete I guess you're right , what was I thinking ?

Actually I was probably thinking about some varied interests that we have that can't overlap. e.g. sport fishing and PETA supporting, just to take a stab...

But I admit you're right - when I met a bunch of us up in Hamilton for the 'comeback' shows we never ran out of stuff to talk about. Even if it was sometimes just about our remarkable fashion sense and ability to 'tart up' out of a suitcase.

Thanks for the reality check,

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #53
charlene

really Bill - I can't think of anything more important than tarting up with some good fashions....even if we are in Hamilton..
lol

charlene is offline   Reply With Quote