banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
seafarer62

Default Wisconsin Dells- June 22

Hey- I just talked my wife into going to the Wisconsin Dells to see Gordon on June 22.

Good seats were still available. Finding a room this time of year at the Dells is not easy, but found a decent deal there too.

Can't wait!

Only 4 weeks now until he shows up in downtown Minneapolis.

John/Minnesota
seafarer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Gitchigumee

Default Re: Wisconsin Dells- June 22

Hi John i am here. Row L seats 26 and 27. Come say hi!
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
seafarer62

Great to visit with Gitchee Gumee (Ruth) and Keith. And also ran into Claudia and RJ from the Twin Cities too. It was a fun concert with Gord in pretty good voice. And with the thunderstorm overhead. Gord said it was perfect timing as the loud thunder was booming during Rainy Day People.

I heard "Now and Then" for the first time in 33 years tonight!

Claudia and RJ : We'll see you in the big tent on Fri Aug 2nd.

Will post complete set list on Monday. Debbie and I are off to Appleton for Sunday night.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
Gitchigumee

So great to see old friends! I had not seen Gord in a couple of years and I swear he is getting younger. His performance of IYCRMM was the best I have ever heard. And to hear again Song for a Winter's Night...he nailed it and he knew it [never seen him fist pump before ] This was an awesome night and Keith's first GL concert. His tears during The Wreck has shown me I've finally found the right partner. Life is good.
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Old 06-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
Claudia

Send a message via MSN to Claudia

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer62 View Post
Great to visit with Gitchee Gumee (Ruth) and Keith. And also ran into Claudia and RJ from the Twin Cities too. It was a fun concert with Gord in pretty good voice. And with the thunderstorm overhead. Gord said it was perfect timing as the loud thunder was booming during Rainy Day People.

I heard "Now and Then" for the first time in 33 years tonight!

Claudia and RJ : We'll see you in the big tent on Fri Aug 2nd.

Will post complete set list on Monday. Debbie and I are off to Appleton for Sunday night.

It was fun to bump into you guys Saturday, I hadn't checked Corfid before we took off, so that was a real surprise when RJ said 'Hey, there is John from Forest Lake'...

We had a really great evening and the venue was much nicer than it originally appeared from online pictures we saw. The accoustics was great too and Gord sounded really good. Maybe not quite as strong as in Minneapolis but still really good.
I had a younger couple next to me who saw him for the first time. They really enjoyed every minute of it and had a great evening. I'm always really happy when I meet people who never saw him before and leave happy as can be.

The absolute opposite was sitting next to RJ - a couple who couldn't be bothered to give applause a single time and they left halfway through the 2nd set. Their loss - I feel nothing but pity for them.

To open the 2nd set with 'Now And Then' was a real treat. I never heard it in concert before.
After the show I told the guys how everybody loves it when they pull songs 'out of cold storage' - to make sure they know there ARE people out there who really like to hear lesser known tunes as well.

I'm looking forward to see the show on August 2nd at the Big Top, never been to that venue and I'm sure it'll be terrific.
Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Gitchigumee

Here is my attempt at posting a set list from last Saturday night's excellent concert.

Triangle
The Watchman’s Gone
Don Quixote
I’d Rather Press On
Wild Strawberries
Waiting for You
Christian Island
Rainy Day People
Shadows
Beautiful
Carefree Highway
Cotton Jenny
Ribbon of Darkness
Sundown

***Intermission***

Now and Then
Sweet Guinevere
Wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald
Never Too Close
All the Lovely Ladies
Clouds if Loneliness
A Painter Passing Through
Let it Ride
If You Could Read My Mind
Baby Step Back
Early Morning Rain
Song for a Winter’s Night

Encore: Blackberry Wine

Last edited by Gitchigumee; 06-26-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #7
Gitchigumee

I now believe that the 5th song in the 1st set was Wild Strawberries, and the 4th song in the 2nd set was Never Too Close. So I have edited my original set list to reflect the corrections.

Last edited by Gitchigumee; 06-26-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
seafarer62

I am having some computer troubles posting to Corfid - so I am on my iPhone.

Gitchee Gumee- your set list matches to mine. 27 songs!

We were very happy to see you again !

John-Minnesota
Old 06-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
Gitchigumee

I know this is nothing compared to some of you, but I am very proud of my Lightfoot statistics. I have now been to 8 Lightfoot concerts, my first being September 17, 2006, in Minneapolis. I have heard him perform 41 different songs. During this last concert I heard four of them for the very first time: I'd Rather Press On, Wild Strawberries, Now and Then, and All the Lovely Ladies. Each song heard sung live by Gord is a treasure, whether I've heard it many times over, or for the very first time. The experience is also altered by who you share it with. I have had many life changes in the past two years, and my transformation feels complete now that I've reconnected with this music and allowed it into my new life. It feels so good! So happy!