banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-24-2005, 04:30 PM   #26
SilverHeels

Thanks, JW, for your report and set list. I am so thrilled he is doing Christian Island again.
Kim's pix are proof enough that he looks well and happy.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #27
garycampbellvikings

What a pile of horse crap. If anyone wants perfection, buy his CD's. I went to both concerts Friday and Sat. and am going tonight and also next week in Vegas. NO ONE left early, and he got standing ovations at both shows. Not only is he talented, but he has a very cute butt! which I happened to notice when he traded guitars much to my husbands dismay. I bet no on thought your butt was cute, lakewoodman
garycampbellvikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #28
klb

Send a message via AIM to klb

What a pile of horse crap. If anyone wants perfection, buy his CD's. I went to both concerts Friday and Sat. and am going tonight and also next week in Vegas. NO ONE left early, and he got standing ovations at both shows. Not only is he talented, but he has a very cute butt! which I happened to notice when he traded guitars much to my husbands dismay. I bet no on thought your butt was cute, lakewoodman
klb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:22 PM   #29
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

He *does* look well, even better than last May when he debuted his Harmony CD. He looks HOT! sssssssMOKin'!!!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:14 PM   #30
DiggerBoy

I think that Lakewood just hit and run...
Old 04-24-2005, 09:14 PM   #31
Kathy in Michigan

I think that Lakewood just hit and run...
Kathy in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:46 PM   #32
The Rez

Folks,

I put my thoughts in a separate topic, where this Nimrod's ugly is absent.

The Rez
[Psalm 139:13]
The Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:18 AM   #33
Linda

I have never joined a discussion forum before, but after reading this decided to take the time out to do so.
My wife and I were at the concert last night in Cerritos. We flew from Houston, TX. and planned a short vacation around this. We had seats in the orchestra section, several rows behind the alleged seats of the loser who posted this review. To set the record straight, no one hardly moved a muscle, much less made their way to the exits. As far as his vocals went, he started out having some trouble with notes in his higher register. I thought it might be because he had sung the night before after a long layoff, but his voice actually got much stronger as the night went on. Everyone in the audience was so supportive of him that I believe he could have talked through the songs and it wouldn't have made any difference.
First of all, I doubt that this individual was anywhere near the concert last night. I have seen Gordon Lightfoot 3 other times, all in the Houston area. I have never seen better response. A time or two he forgot words. Once he even started a song over again. It just made everyone applaud louder at the end of the song.
One thing that this expert in musical performance failed to grasp is that this is a songwriter like no other, and the songs stand on their own. We left last night so very thankful that we were able to see one more Gordon Lightfoot concert, when it seems like such a short time ago most of us thought it wouldn't happen again.
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:18 AM   #34
All is well

I have never joined a discussion forum before, but after reading this decided to take the time out to do so.
My wife and I were at the concert last night in Cerritos. We flew from Houston, TX. and planned a short vacation around this. We had seats in the orchestra section, several rows behind the alleged seats of the loser who posted this review. To set the record straight, no one hardly moved a muscle, much less made their way to the exits. As far as his vocals went, he started out having some trouble with notes in his higher register. I thought it might be because he had sung the night before after a long layoff, but his voice actually got much stronger as the night went on. Everyone in the audience was so supportive of him that I believe he could have talked through the songs and it wouldn't have made any difference.
First of all, I doubt that this individual was anywhere near the concert last night. I have seen Gordon Lightfoot 3 other times, all in the Houston area. I have never seen better response. A time or two he forgot words. Once he even started a song over again. It just made everyone applaud louder at the end of the song.
One thing that this expert in musical performance failed to grasp is that this is a songwriter like no other, and the songs stand on their own. We left last night so very thankful that we were able to see one more Gordon Lightfoot concert, when it seems like such a short time ago most of us thought it wouldn't happen again.
All is well is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:19 AM   #35
byKimberly

Send a message via AIM to byKimberly

Very nice post, All is Well.
Kimberly
Old 04-25-2005, 04:06 AM   #36
Sydney Steve

All is well . Soooo well written.

(Whoops I am posting/ talking like my teenage kids!") Yikes!!! Next I will be wearing muy undies above my trouser line!!!

Someone who writes so soundly both from an analytical standpoint and with such insight should not stand back. You are a clear example of one person out there in cyberland who has so much to offer and Corfid stands to be the beneficiaries if you decide to continue. I for one look forward to your views and insights in the future based on the sample you have given us.
Do continue to post when you can.
Best wishes mate - ( splashed with a serious dose of envy ) from Sydney .
Old 05-01-2005, 01:39 AM   #37
<enigma>

I sat in the 4th row, dead center. If the guy 3 feet in front of me had left I would have noticed. NO ONE in the front section left, and based on the thunderous applause at the conclusion of the concert, I don't think hordes of people left miserable.

The guy who wrote that message was flat out lying. Why you all think that obnoxious child gave up & left you all alone is surprising.

Although his voice doesn't have the warm quality it had 40 years ago, he can stll sing and his grace, charm & delivery of a song are as enjoyable as ever. His guitar playing is still better than anyone else out there, and the rest of the band, particulary Terry Clements were also superb.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:39 AM   #38
<enigma>

I sat in the 4th row, dead center. If the guy 3 feet in front of me had left I would have noticed. NO ONE in the front section left, and based on the thunderous applause at the conclusion of the concert, I don't think hordes of people left miserable.

The guy who wrote that message was flat out lying. Why you all think that obnoxious child gave up & left you all alone is surprising.

Although his voice doesn't have the warm quality it had 40 years ago, he can stll sing and his grace, charm & delivery of a song are as enjoyable as ever. His guitar playing is still better than anyone else out there, and the rest of the band, particulary Terry Clements were also superb.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:27 AM   #39
The Rez

Lakewood Man? Sounds familiar. Isn'y that the guy they thawed out in a Paulie Shore movie?

Or was that Stanley guy Molly Bee sang about, "ll080 East Firestone - Stanley Chevrolet?"

Maybe a global search of all the internet sites in history might yield something. I'll get right on it.

The Rez
Old 05-01-2005, 09:26 AM   #40
closetcanadian

No doubts now that you were definitely raised in So Ca Rez!

Stanley, Stanley, Stanley Chevrolet -
Two Blocks off the Santa Ana Freeway.
11980 East Firestone,
Stanley Chevrolet!

Why is it I can remember an advertising jingle from 40 years ago but cannot remember what I came into this room to do? Oh well, there is one advantage to growing older: at least I now have my brain cells down to a manageable number!

My apologies to the rest of the board members. If you weren't raised in this area, the above jingle will not be familiar. But if you are a "baby boomer" from So Ca, that jingle is as familiar as "You Deserve a Break Today".....
closetcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:36 PM   #41
swede

Okay, I'm a baby boomer but not from the southland. Maybe "Go see Cal, go see Cal" is similiar? It warms my heart to see all the support that someone of Gordon's stature deserves expressed here. He has survived when most wouldn't. He has come back, much to his fans delight, when others in his shoes would have hung it up for good. He is a model for all of us to follow as we age and reach our senior status.
swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:36 PM   #42
Linda

Okay, I'm a baby boomer but not from the southland. Maybe "Go see Cal, go see Cal" is similiar? It warms my heart to see all the support that someone of Gordon's stature deserves expressed here. He has survived when most wouldn't. He has come back, much to his fans delight, when others in his shoes would have hung it up for good. He is a model for all of us to follow as we age and reach our senior status.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #43
The Rez

A-men

The Rez

. . . and again I say, A-men
Old 05-02-2005, 08:56 AM   #44
TheWatchman

I bet this is just a troll trying to stir up trouble. Gordon's talent doesn't need to be defended and perhaps this thread should be zapped. Probably should have been as soon as it was started. Any thread flaming Lightfoot should not be allowed. This isn't a local rag, it's a fan site. I know, it's none of my business but I offered my thoughts anyway.

LakewoodMan, if you thought Lightfoot sounded bad, don't listen to Donny Osmond's albums 1-53, but I hear the 54th attempt is pretty good.