banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
RM

Default Lets Vote

Should this forum be categorized by Artist or Song ?
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
geodeticman.5

Default Re: Lets Vote

I'd say by artist.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #3
charlene

artist..just like it is when you go buy an album..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #4
Nightingale

I'll say song...just because I am in the mood to be difficult

Seriously, I like hearing different versions of the same song so I would like all the songs on one thread by various artists.
into the broad ocean..."

G. Lightfoot "Tattoo"
Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
jj

Artist has a slim but promising lead ...so did the Cardinals

...ok, that was a cheap shot, lol ...fine with either here

JJo has experimented by posting by both over the past year in the main GL section - his EMR cover thread has been a real fave for checking out different interpretations by a variety of folks... i can hardly wait for the GL performance section
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tally.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	2500  

Last edited by jj; 02-05-2009 at 07:51 AM.
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
RM

jj,

That's just too clever. By the way, the Artist team has acquired Santonio Holmes.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
DawnsMinstrel

My own inclination originally was to go with artist catagories, because I was thinking that the number of songs is probably greater than the number of artists, so artist threads would not be as likely to get buried (or at least buried as quickly) as song threads would. But I'm not sure this is really true, and in any case I think the point is moot isn't it? We've already got at least one song thread mixed in with several artist threads. Perhaps there's no harm in having both kinds. After all, if the threads are all either artists' names or song names, it would easy to use forum's search engine to get at what you're looking for. What I think we really need for this forum to keep it organized is to avoid as much as possible non-cover containing threads.
DawnsMinstrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #8
JohnStinson

."..let the universe unfold as it should"...the moderator can weigh in and cancel us all with one click of her finger..... live and let live... js...i'm with tim on this one.
JohnStinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:26 AM   #9
charlene

I'm working on it.. and I will post threads under ARTIST name if the artist has two or more Lightfoot covers. The first thread for each of these artists will have all links to the videos I have found already posted here at CORFID in the first post. Subsequent videos will be in new posts as they are discovered - these subsequent submissions can be made by anyone.

All others will be in a MISCELLANEOUS ARTIST thread with one video per performer. Should that performer make more videos/Lightfoot covers or if someone should find another on the internet somewhere, a thread of their own will be started.

I will post only the link with NO video embedded (whatever the hell that means).
And I am 'embedding' myself for the night..ta for now..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #10
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
jj,

That's just too clever. By the way, the Artist team has acquired Santonio Holmes.
keep in mind the judging will be done by committee, an Olympic one at that...and the Russian replay concludes he was OB!

seriously, nice grab eh...it was nice to her Steeler's QB (i'm not even going to attempt spelling his name!) confess he thought he had blown the game when he fired that ball....most folks don't realize the slim difference between a historic TD and a potentially, monumental interception...same goes for baseball, pop up vs homer...etc, etc)

and furthermore, i don't think even when a QB is in backwards arm motion (ok, he could ultimately be doing a pump fake) and the ball comes loose, should a fumble be rules...rather just a dead ball ruling with O retaining possesion...AND i thought they originally termed a "touchdown" becuase the rugger (football origin) player had to touch down the ball in the endzone...actually, the kick would take place in line with where the player touched the ball down ...i'm tired of these replays determining if the ball cross the goal 'plane' whether it's the carrier trying to lunge in the air over the goal lineor whether the carrier tried to hold the ball inside the corner goal marker as he lands OB...i'm glad that first alleged TD was over ruled

gotta tip big hat to the Cards effort....I'd have a parade for both squads...ok, wasn't this a Vote thread?....sorry for all the wind

Last edited by jj; 02-06-2009 at 09:55 AM.
jj is offline   Reply With Quote