banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
Wheels

Default Seeing Gord tomorrow night in NJ!

This will be my first Gord concert. Debating whether or not to take notes on song titles, capo use etc or just taking it all in.
Me and the Mrs. would like to say hello to any of you who are also going. I'm a grey haired/mustache guy (see cover of my album Left Foot Lightfoot)
Aslo hoping to pass on to Gord himself a copy of my CD. As of now I have no contacts with his folks. Any ideas?

PS: Left Foot Lightfoot is being played on live365.com. If you googled that you could find which stations are playing it along with the ones playing Gord himself, of course.

Tom
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
jj

Default Re: Seeing Gord tomorrow night in NJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Debating whether or not to take notes on song titles, capo use etc or just taking it all in.
oh, take door#3... no doubt, others else will have a set list going... i think the capo stuff is yesterday's news (although looking forward to matthew's feedback still)... i am really happy for you

figured you may have been in touch with EMP during your cd production but giver them a heads up call (416) 924-1146 so they can get you backstage for a great chat (i'll bet Gord would love to hear your tasty cd treats, especially since they are selling or getting some airplay) or i'll bet sir fowles could help arrange that as he seems in tight with GL and is probably attending
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
charlene

enjoy the night!
I don't know if calling the office in Tornto now while they are out on the road will get a backstage pass but you can always wait by the stage door after the show if it doesn't..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
3pennies

Unfortunately I can't make it down to Red Bank from Northern NJ for the show on the 6th. Saw him in Morristown in 08 & 09.

Get there early. Find the stage door where the large trailer should be, that's the spot. You might want to scope it out before the show. Who knows-you might find the band returning from a pre show dinner at a local establishment. I ran into Terry having a smoke in 09. He was cordial and friendly. Signed a bunch of cd's and chatted. The show will start promptly at 8PM. I kept checking my watch and had to point out to Terry that it was 7:58!

After the show head back there. In 08 it took about an hour for Gord to come out. In 09 it was less than that. You should find others hanging out too. Rick will probably come out first to scope out the scene-make sure there are no drunks etc.

I found that if everyone just approaches him 1 or 2 at a time, talks to him, get a few autographs and moves aside for others it seems to go well. Gord attracts a mature audience, if everyone is patient and cordial they will all get their moment with him.

Enjoy, it's going to be a great night and report back.

In 09 I even held the door for Gord as he climbed into the PT Cruiser Rick was driving. Great memory.

Last edited by 3pennies; 10-05-2010 at 12:57 PM.
3pennies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
charlene

Can you change your font size and colour.?? .the tiny black print is not readable..
thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pennies View Post
Unfortunately I can't make it down to Red Bank from Northern NJ for the show on the 6th. Saw him in Morristown in 08 & 09.

Get there early. Find the stage door where the large trailer should be, that's the spot. You might want to scope it out before the show. Who knows-you might find the band returning from a pre show dinner at a local establishment. I ran into Terry having a smoke in 09. He was cordial and friendly. Signed a bunch of cd's and chatted. The show will start promptly at 8PM. I kept checking my watch and had to point out to Terry that it was 7:58!

After the show head back there. In 08 it took about an hour for Gord to come out. In 09 it was less than that. You should find others hanging out too. Rick will probably come out first to scope out the scene-make sure there are no drunks etc.

I found that if everyone just approaches him 1 or 2 at a time, talks to him, get a few autographs and moves aside for others it seems to go well. Gord attracts a mature audience, if everyone is patient and cordial they will all get their moment with him.

In 09 I even held the door for Gord as he climbed into the PT Cruiser Rick was driving. Great memory.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

I thnk thrupence said (in a black mood obviously)something like

Yes we will be attending but will be sitting back in row N as the tickets were unreasonably high priced
I will look out for Wheels as we have very briefly met I also hope to see young Joshua Hill who actually lives in Red Bank

Last edited by johnfowles; 10-05-2010 at 10:22 AM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
charlene

still too little even in white..readable but barely. a font size change is in order..
lol
Old 10-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #8
charlene

all good...
but 3pennies needs to do it so no one else has to 'translate'..
Old 10-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
3pennies

There you go don't know what happened before
3pennies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #10
charlene

font and colour gremlins !
lol
Old 10-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #11
Wheels

Thanks for all the tips, gang! Will let you know how it went.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote