View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #5
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: Gordon/John Sebastian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nasium View Post
My mistake< John, I have just found this section on JS's Wikipedia entry.

Sebastian is credited with playing three instruments on the 1970 Gordon Lightfoot album (Reprise RS 6392) that was originally released as "Sit Down Young Stranger" but retitled "If You Could Read My Mind" when that song became an unexpected major hit record:- "Saturday Clothes" Autoharp; "Baby It's Allright" Electric Guitar; "The Pony Man" Harmonica [56]

I really must learn to read.
Amazing Jim the content of that paragraph that you quoted is PRECISELY the same text that I myself composed then inserted yesterday including if you scroll to the bottom my citing of the source of the information as I found it on discogs see number 56!!!!!! So you read it correctly the first time round and are not as old and decrepit as you might be thinking you are!!!
In other words when I said "I simply went ahead not bothering to register or anything and I have edited the Wiki" I meant exactly that but because I did not sign in you were not to know otherwise that it was me inspired by your original bleat!!

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote