View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #23
geodeticman.5

Default Re: Lightfoot Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn Annie View Post
"I had visited my fiend who's now a monk" - LOL - great typo. Talk about doing a 180!
loll A AHAHAHAHAHA;;LP;;;;;;;LOLOLOL.... YOU CAUGHT A GOOD ONE.......
IT WAS OF COURSE MEANT TO READ: 'my fRiend who's now a monk'. ..lol...

HOWEVER - THAT could have been Freudian - because, as I have told the story so many times of a transformation of a friend of mie, with the album SQ as a backdrop soundtrack that seemed to spark him into thinking of his lurking Arthurian -side of himself; he otherwise was the biggest Don Juan I have ever known....prior to Monkhood....and the calling, schooling in Theology...I've written of that story maybe 3 times over 3 years in context here and there.

Bottom line - there was something apparently magnetic about him - what with my own machinations of staring at the pretty girls myself I guess I never really could see what it was......but he......wasin demand...on the Purdue campus while in High School..... we'd walk that train tracks route and hike over to Purdue from Hemlock Hills, where he said he'd like to introduce me to a lady-friend of his....., he'd do that , then said ..he and she would be awhile upstairs, and I speant many a summer evening on campus staring at the starts, smelling the agricultiral surroudings wafting thru during those days...
while he'd been 'called in by Betty' - so to speak..., clip 4 paragraphs out of the story, SQ and all, and then out of nowhere , a woman breaks his heart he wantsto Marry when he is in College, and -BAM! SOMETHING SWITCHES IN HIM FROM 'PURT NEAR GIGOLO (though I do not know what that means on the 'streets, now') to a 'calling to the cloth' - he quit Clevelabd STATE - and entered a Schooll of Theology, and enered as an apprentice at a soouther3n Ohio Monastery, something a bit odd about it...thats in the longer version...then hooks up with A Russian Orthodox Monastery in Brookline Massachuserts, Holy Transfiguration....something. AN they changed his name from 'Doug' as he got his darker colored rope belts....j/k....to 'Father Sergius' and he was a changed man. I asked hin since if he mised the 'wine, woman, and song' so to speak of out hedonistic days....and he said 'yes'. He said ' I'd like nothing better than to have a wife, sitting by the fireplace - listening to Gordon Lightfoot music', but the calling in him was so strong he called it akin to being struck by lightning..... and he had founf a contentment and purpose...is the iconagrapher for the whole Church - send them worldwide...an also from his former education - makes silver lost-wax method crosses and rings- of which he gane my wife and I several of, and had them blessed in the caves of KIEV......while on a trip to Russia with his Bishop for other reasons.

You COULD say lol.... he went from a sex-fiend to a monk-friend......lol...

maybe it ess that one song 'Lord Forgive Me)for I have sinned' 300 times. lol.....thanks for catching my embarrassment....Aubrun...