View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #13
lighthead2toe

Default Re: The Moment Your Realized....I'm A "Lighthead" !

Good one Bill.
It seems many of us had similar experiences.
Another one came to mind was the first time I'd heard "Bitter Green."

It was in a little town just north of Toronto called Alliston; again in the sixties.
We arrived there early as we didn't want to miss out on anything and thought we'd look for a place to go for a drink before the show.
Good luck; this is "drytown" and the only place anyone could a drink there was in the Legion Hall.
Without any connections to sign us in to the Legion we had to do it dry, but it was ok as once we got to the concert hall.
I recall it being in the high school and things came together so our interest became more focused on what was happening on the stage, with the guys setting up things and all.
Again, it was Red and John, and Gord was in really great form. It was the first time I'd "Bitter Green."

I was again "sold."

After he finished the song there was a thunderous round of applause and he made a sort of reference; can't recall the exact words, but it was something to the effect that "it's a good song, isn't it?" And we all went "yeaaa."

The song came out on his next release "Back Here on Earth" and I remember taking a week of holidays from work just to wallow in that recording.

It was also around the time when I was learning to play my own sort of "Travis style" guitar and things were beginning to fall into place pretty good.

What a wonderful era that was. I'm very blessed to have had the experience of living through it and the great threads that appear on this site in some special way make me think more of those very special moments.

Guess it's all about what that great music does but one thing is for certain: it's very clear that it brings many happy moments to a great many people.
RJ.
lighthead2toe is offline   Reply With Quote