View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #25
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy
Default Re: capos, transpose buttons and other aids

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm7777 View Post
Absolutely true. To be honest, I just find E, then go from there by ear. Then check E again. My harmonica is handy sometimes, too. As for the tweaking, good guitars take years of training to teach them that they are no longer trees, and to kindly settle down and be a guitar.
Boy, that's the truth! When I bought the D-15, I was really disappointed in the way it sounded. Not much resonance at all. I was talking to an old guitar player about it, and he suggested I put in in front of a speaker and play some loud rock music. I had just the rig for that. A big stereo in the car with six speakers inside and a 12 inch sub-woofer in the trunk, all run off 1750 worth of amplification. I put the guitar in the trunk, and proceeded to tell my son he could listen to a rap CD while he was shooting baskets out in the driveway. I swore the house was going to come off the foundation, but it completely changed the tone of the guitar, and from that point, it felt alive when I strummed it. You could feel the vibrations. Many people have told me it's a special guitar, and they've never played a D15 that sounds like that! I think I trained that guitar good. It still sounds good, even after having been tossed off a flat-bed, cracked and repaired.