View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 09:19 AM   #10
gwen snyder

Hi Matthew, I feel terrible that you of such pure countenance regarding this issue are further dragged into the me'lee. Thank you for all you have done! Please accept my apology regarding this issue, I have these recordings that are dicussed here and I can say they are cherished by all of us...we are Gordon Lightfoot fans.
Hi Watchman. Regarding the intellectual property rights, we have made some assumptions in recording these "properties", and from the "legalese" it appears that we could be held accountable to the letter of the law, how sad, and yet there are always two sides to every lawsuit. Let's not prosecute one another here, let's wait for the powers that be to decide their actions on these matters. Intellectual property law is a new kid on the block of law, my assumption will be that like the information highway changed our lives, so might some of these intellectual property cases. Will we all be prosecuted and sent to some further purgatory for these acts? I pray not, let's move forward, and until "the Homeland Security team" arrives at our doors' let's be cautious. Gordon Lightfoot is the element that binds us, let's just concentrate on this forums' perspective "Gord topics"...with his health fragile and our efforts small, I wonder where this will all go to...but, there will be changes in intellectual property law that will affect all of this. Watchman, can we count on you to keep us abreast of these changes?
Gwen
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote