View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
charlene

Default Re: Stompin' Tom died

Q107 Toronto‏@Q107Toronto

A public celebration of Stompin' Tom Connors' life will be held at the Peterborough Memorial Arena next Wed. at 7pm.

Entertainment writer @ The Toronto Sun: Liz Braun‏@LizBraunSun

Farewell, Stompin' Tom. Only you and Lightfoot ever sang the truth about the soul and psyche of the true north, strong and free. RIP

k.d.Lang - k.d. lang‏@kdlang

Stomp on #StompinTom May you have a swift rebirth. Thx for shedding some light on our selves and our #canadian culture.

jann arden‏@jannarden

Tom- I know you're up there stompin' somewhere amazing! Thanks for being on the planet! Safe Travels....

Burton Cummings

Stompin' Tom Connors 1936-2013...one of Canada's recognizable faces world wide. He never craved success outside his native Canada, and ALWAYS had both feet on the ground. Made untold millions smile while he was here...truly one of a kind.
R.I.P. Charles Thomas Connors...

Chris Hadfield‏@Cmdr_Hadfield(Internat.Space Stn.)

Very sorry to hear Stompin' Tom Connors died. I'll play Sudbury Sat Night up here today, sing with him on his way.

CTV Canada AM‏@CTVCanadaAM
Talking now to Gordon Lightfoot about the passing of his friend Stompin' Tom Connors. His strongest memory is how much Tom loved Canada.

CTV Canada AM‏@CTVCanadaAM
Ronnie Hawkins tells us no one was more Canadian than Stompin' Tom Connors. "There wasn't a town he didn't talk about & sing about"

Prime Minister Harper: Stephen Harper‏@pmharper

We have lost a true Canadian original. R.I.P. Stompin' Tom Connors. You played the best game that could be played.

video of Ronnie Hawkins talking about Tom:http://www.citynews.ca/2013/03/06/ro...f-stompin-tom/
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote