Thread: misheard lyrics
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #47
geodeticman.5

Default Re: Lyrics I've always heard wrong until.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
I believe I read that he wrote it for the audiences that come to his shows... SONGBOOK liner notes: A Valentine to the audience, where we recognize "all the lovely ladies in their finery tonight," and then the "handsome gentlemen."
Thanks Char, aren't I the embarrassed one. That makes perfect sense on people (couples)coming in to the concert, having dressed-up for the it, and leaving in the same pairs (for the most part, LOL) as came in. If I'd read the little booklet, I'd be OK, right? LOL. But hope remains on my thread's intent: hearing specific words wrong for in some cases, a long time, but not necessarily. It's the confessional aspect of the often humorous "heard THAT one wrong" on the word, as opposed to "I wonder what he means in that song, or that verse".

I do appreciate the correction of my misinterpretation of the whole image of the, well, "fancy bordello" image I had in mind for so long. It seemed oddly out of context with the prayer-like wishes for people who are down-trodden, falsely-occused, those who cannot write, those heavy-rounders with a headache for their pains.

I am hoping people will join me in this thought of specific words and phrases they've heard wrong, and never happened-upon the written lyrics,or in my case, despite having read virtually all of them to check back in lyrics quizzers to be sure, reading right over what I've heard wrong all along, and still didn't catch.

Thank Char for the insight!

Anyone hear any words wrong in songs besides me ?