Thread: New fan.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #12
timetraveler

Default Re: New fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDad View Post
For whatever reason, I was struck emotionally listening to "If You Could Read My Mind" on Youtube about a month ago. I have listened to it many, many times since and had not been able to listen without "choking up" until just recently. I don't know what hit me so hard, but obviously Mr. Lightfoot somehow struck a chord in me. What has come of it is that I have realized how much my loved ones mean to me. My wife and my 4 children are so much more precious to me. I wish I could say thank you to Gordon because of it, but I'm sure he has heard many things from many fans over the years, I wouldn't be but a drop in the sea.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone.
Greetings there! ANd a very Merry christmas to you & all in your house! I've always enjoyed his music as far back as I can clearly remember that it was him I was listening to. Like you, there was much of his music that would just reach down into my heart & soul, and to this day it hasn't let loose. However, the fact that his music spoke so strongly to me from my earliest days let me know that his music was one of the most wonderful gifts ever given to us. So if you ever get a chance to attend one of his concerts, then by all means go. It's one of the most fantastic experiences you will ever have.
timetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote