View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
JohninCt.

Location: Wallingford, Ct. Not far from what used to be Oakdale Music Theater
Default Re: New here, but not to Gordons music

Thanks Char.
I guess I can fill you in with some about me in this post, I play some guitar, and drums, but not really much anymore. Getting old takes you away from it, unless you are like Gordon and it is your life. Still have my old Martin D28 from 1969, and a set of Slingerland drums from 1968. I was a fan of Gordons since the Folk Music days. I went to many concerts of Gordons here in Ct. from early 1980's through 2006, hung out at some of the pubs after the concerts, and some of the hotels/motels. I have a few pictures with him and the guys, and some autographed albums and photos. There was a Pro photographer here in Ct. that took some pictures also, but I lost his address and never got them. I can remember when Gordon even refered to himself as 'El Rotund', when he had put on lots of weight, back in the Blackberry wine days. No longer that for sure. Oh, I didn't mention that Barry had me try to talk Gordon into getting tee shirts made up, it didn't work of course. Gordon never felt it was right, as it would be ripping off his fans due to the high cost the sellers put them at. I can see his point. I was going to have one made up to see his reaction, but he might have not liked it, so I didn't. I was going to put on it, Gordon Lightfoot, Singer, Songwriter, A Legend. I still think it might have been neat anyway. Maybe someday in honor of Barry.
Another time, too late at night now.
JohninCt. is offline   Reply With Quote