View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #29
jj

Default Re: the Lightfoot Childhood Homestead - PHOTOS

i hear TS3 is a goodie, hope they enjoyed the show!

and no, i would never stop at Wonderland on a weekend, cos HJ would be in 'wander'land! lol

glad you dig the pics, Wes...i think these pics and other GL homes over the years would be a good homepage section here...yes, jjo, i work 5 minutes from the old Rosedale mansion...check out my posts regarding it in the Beaumont thread...i dont' go there since the altered the front porch...it's one thing to renovate, it's another thing to 'change' the entire character of the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by brink- View Post
Thanks JJ, great pictures. I love porches, I have always wanted a house with a porch. I bought a house years ago that had a fabulous deck, but it just isn't the same.
hey brink, i hear ya...we converted a deck to a screened in porch (not the same character as a full breathing porch but a practical move)

you would like the old van Dyke homestead then, lol...i think they need to buy a shed for all that porch junk

i was gonna load the GL pics to this Waymark childhood homestead site but didnt' know what other info to fill in...any thoughts char? back to my original question, are there any other sites or folks here who know of famous childhood homesteads...all i could find was the Montgomery and Banting one, Canadian-wise
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dvd.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	3413  
jj is offline   Reply With Quote