View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
Peter Bro10

Default Re: ROCKFORD,IL-May 24,2015

I've been having trouble posting here today, but I'll give it one more try...

Went to the show last night. Had a great time, as usual.

Gordon and the band were in fine form... a solid performance I think.

The venue is awesome. Had a very nice seat for the show... first row, far right side.
A very polite crowd, much applause... well mannered as you might expect.
My hearing isn't too good (to say the least), so I couldn't catch much of what Gord was saying between songs. But he was, I'd say, a bit more chatty with the audience, than usual. I think my only disappointment was that there was no encore. I did hear Gord mention, as he introduced the Trilogy, that this song has a "built in encore", so I'm guessing that that was his way of saying that's it. We stood for the standing ovation, Gord came out for a second bow, but that was it. Strange note here: Rick left his bass on the amp. In all my shows past, He left his bass when they were coming back out for the encore, then would unplug it himself and take it with him... this was my signal that the "show was over". But last night he left it, like as if coming back for the encore, but that was it! It was just different, that's all, not consistent with the normal, usual routine.

I'm hoping someone chimes in with a set list. I'm terrible when it comes to stuff like that.
My photos from the show are horrible, and not worthy of posting, but I'm hoping someone may have some.

All in all, a very good show, and Thanks to Rick for sharing the photos of the Coronado!

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote