View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 03:05 PM   #11
TheWatchman

There was a thread about "Yellowbird" a few months back. I responded to it and asked the simple question if it was a bootleg, a fake or actually a rare LP that was once offered for sale. I got my repsonse to the question but what I received in an email was altogether different. I was very politely threatened to not talk about bootlegs on this site or any place else, etcetera.

I quickly dismissed the email and hadn't given it another thought as I am not in the bootleg business. In the meantime, I sent Matthew that La Cave disc. I remembered that email and wanted to find out if this was truly an issue or just something that was targeted to me. It appears to be the latter. I felt obligated to give another fan a heads-up on this as he is in the forefront of the issue.

I asked Matthew if he had ever gotten any such emails and he hadn't. This is a good thing. I believe that the email that I got was more personal then anything else. If I was Matthew, I would be asking the same questions.

Matthew had mentioned that he was starting to run out of space on his site. MP3's of such quality are space hogs for sure. I am willing to share the burden and list some MP3's on one of my sites so people can download them. Of course, only material that is not offered for sale. Certainly before I would do this, I would want to be relatively certain that Lightfoot does not have a problem with it. I think that is a reasonable inquiry.

I don't mind sharing the cost of such a service. I appreciate Matthew's site and find it quite useful, as I am sure everybody here does too. I made Matthew that banner for his site as a thank-you gesture because I truly appreciate his work. I would hate to see him stop adding to his site due to space and cost.

TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote