Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mimi's Cafe Saturday Night (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=15385)

closetcanadian 04-24-2005 07:48 PM

Just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to meet some of this board's fellow "Lightheads" for dinner last night! Rex, Janice, Doug, Layne (and her mom Edith), Craig, Sharon, John and Susan - it was great to meet each and everyone of you. It was a wonderful prelude to a great concert. And special commendations to Janice, who drove up from San Diego despite the fact she did not have a ticket to the concert; and to John and Susan Fowles who traveled all the way from New Jersey to see "our man." Linda and I enjoyed the dinner and concert immensely. Thanks everyone - and let's do it again the next time GL comes to So Cal!

My best regards to all,

John Merriam

The Rez 04-24-2005 09:58 PM

ClosetCanuk (Don Juan)

Why wait?

The Rez

byKimberly 04-25-2005 03:29 AM

John, I'm so sorry I didn't get to go to Mimi's.

My first excuse is that August, my dog, did a full body wipe-out, in a parking lot where someone’s car must have lost all essential fluids and I had to give him a bath, before I could leave the first hotel to go to the second one. All said and done, I left for the show, with no lunch or dinner and made it to a Starbuck’s 15 minutes before the show.
Kimberly

Janice 04-25-2005 06:52 AM

I also enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing Doug, John and Susan again. Visiting with John and Susan was even more of a special treat, because I wasn't expecting them! I had just found that morning that they were out here and didn't know if they were planning on joining us for dinner or not.

I agree with Rez - Why wait? I was sitting at the other end of the table and didn't have a chance to chat with Rex, John, or Linda and I'd love the opportunity to do so sooner than the next SoCal tour :)

There are some of us Lightfoot admirers who travel far and wide to get together and just hang out for a while (I'm talking coming from all points of this country plus Canada and England!) We've found that we enjoy each other's company just as much as we enjoy Lightfoot's music.

It started in Saratoga Springs, NY as a substitute for the cancelled Massey concerts in 2002. Since then we've gathered in Saratoga Springs a second time (where the Lightfoot Tribute Band, comprised of one of our own Corfidites and a few fellow News Groupers, played two benefit concerts for Cafe Lena's), Austin, TX and Atlanta, GA. Florida and San Diego have recently been discussed as future gathering spots.

So, why not plan something for the SoCal folk - and anyone else who wants to join us?

Janice

Sheryl 04-25-2005 10:29 AM

I'm up for it!

WishingWellGhost 04-25-2005 04:17 PM

It was indeed a pleasure to meet and be with all of you. The love of Lightfoot is a great commonality for folks who are so wonderfullyl diverse in every other way.

Look forward to seeing you great guys & gals again!

WWG (aka HotBlooded MountainLove)

byKimberly 04-25-2005 06:12 PM

Count me in. My dog couldn't screw this up a second time, I don't think.
Having been down to S CA for the third time, now... I really enjoyed all the areas I have been, especially in and around Woodland Hills. I may be up for a move, in the near future.

I like to drive and it isn't that far to come down for an event. Left LA, today to drive through the San Gabriels, to explore the Movave Desert for a few days. Staying at a motel on RT 66. Oh Boy! It's even prettier, here than I expected. Loved the San Gabriels, but somewhere near Woodland Hills has captured my heart.
Kimberly

closetcanadian 04-26-2005 12:18 AM

Kimberly,

I must admit I was disappointed you couldn't make it to Mimi's and here's why I was hoping to meet you that night: You mentioned in a different thread you used to live in Aurora, IL. Guess where I was born? Yep, was hoping you could tell me a bit about my home town as I was quite young when my family moved to California. And I understand you now live in Cupertino and I used to live in San Jose! Are you planning on seeing Gord at Villa Montalvo in September?

Best regards,
John