Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What's it called? (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=15050)

Rob1956 09-24-2002 11:16 PM

Are there any doctors or other medical-
types out there who can shed some light on
what Gordon's condition is called. I know it's rare, but is there a specific name for
what he's dealing with besides "weak blood vessels"?

70sFan 09-25-2002 06:51 AM

I'm just a medical writer with zero expertise in this area, but I've been assuming GL had an abdominal aneurysm. I think another poster referred to it as this too. If this was the case, I guess I don't really understand why the doctor hasn't used the specific name (other than the fact that in general they're giving out no details). Anyway, there's some general information about abdominal aneurysm on the Guidant web site: http://www.guidant.com/condition/aaa/condition.shtml

Rob1956 09-25-2002 07:25 PM

Thanks alot...that seems to make sense. I know it is a "ballooning" on the wall of a vessel that can leak and rupture. A lot of people get advance warning of it so they can have elective surgery, but Gord didn't have
that benefit. In fact the actor, George C.
Scott knew he had one, but never did anything about it, and it killed him. An aneurysm seems to fit. If it is indeed that, I can see why Gord and his family would prefer to say it another way...
the connotation is not good...but most people who catch it before it gets too bad, go on to live normal lives, they just have to monitor things more closely.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.