banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-21-2005, 10:19 PM   #1
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

a certain lady (the tall blond one with special shoes) from one of the better quality suberbs of London has emailed me this picture which she claims reminds her of somebody and she found it rather "spooky".But she is so out of practice at posting anything here and is in any case no doubt
especially challenged/petrified by the very thought of trying to display it here that I am assuming she sent it to me so that I can do the job for her:-

No I do not know why the picture has such a large extraneous white area. If you check its properties you will see that instead of sutomatically saving it and uploadimg it to image rage as the character from one of Sydney's less salubrious suberbs would I linked directly to a folder in my email account with my ISP's server
John Fowles
it has to be
Just like an old time movie 'Bout a ghost from a wishin' well
http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/ifyoucou.htm

[ August 21, 2005, 22:24: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
johnfowles

a certain lady (the tall blond one with special shoes) from one of the better quality suberbs of London has emailed me this picture which she claims reminds her of somebody and she found it rather "spooky".But she is so out of practice at posting anything here and is in any case no doubt
especially challenged/petrified by the very thought of trying to display it here that I am assuming she sent it to me so that I can do the job for her:-

No I do not know why the picture has such a large extraneous white area. If you check its properties you will see that instead of sutomatically saving it and uploadimg it to image rage as the character from one of Sydney's less salubrious suberbs would I linked directly to a folder in my email account with my ISP's server
John Fowles
it has to be
Just like an old time movie 'Bout a ghost from a wishin' well
http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/ifyoucou.htm

[ August 21, 2005, 22:24: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
Old 08-22-2005, 07:03 AM   #3
Auburn Annie

Rats - All is see is a little white box with a red X in the center; tried refreshing - same thing. Problem at my end or yours?
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:03 AM   #4
Auburn Annie

Rats - All is see is a little white box with a red X in the center; tried refreshing - same thing. Problem at my end or yours?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:10 AM   #5
jj

Little white box with red x also.
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:47 AM   #6
mnmouse

I have the little white box, checked the properties and tried to access it that way...still no luck. John, oh picture posting Master, where art thou?

Mouse
Old 08-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #7
johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by mnmouse:
I have the little white box, checked the properties and tried to access it that way...still no luck. John, oh picture posting Master, where art thou?

Mouse
OK OK ShaRRon Sorry I caught Bru on AIM earlier and she told me that her picture was not appearing.Also that it is actually of a Scots
actor named Iain Glen who she recently interviewed see:-
http://www.brunazanelli.com/ig.htm
I especially liked this comment about his upcoming mortality:-
"'My fear is that the world would go on without ME!’"
Apparently he played without clothing on the London stage with that Australian bird who has moved on from Tom Cruise to the fine New Zealand born Australian-American country singer Keith Urban (if American television is to be believed!)
As far as my first posting is concerned I was trying the shortcut of linking to the picture as still attached to the received email stored in an email folder. It initially worked just fine but I have since discovered that you or I have to be logged into my email account to access the picture externally. Duh!! Anyway I have now saved the picture and found a nice freeware editing
programme so that I could crop it and I have now uploaded the picture to my own site. I now have even more
information/advice/help for my planned editing/resizimng/corfid picture displaying tutorial.
Such is life!

John Fowles
"If there's such a thing as an alpha-male folkie, Lightfoot certainly fits the bill."
from reviews of Complete Greatest Hits on many sites like:-
http://www.iq451.com/music/gordon-lightfoot.htm
(which also has a link to:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...675526-4193662
which shows that the Gord's Gold CD is alive and well albeit in Amazon's used section from $7.97 with a few new sealed examples in the $15.00 range.It also features 30 second clips of all 20 tracks om the CD
Old 08-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #8
johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by mnmouse:

Mouse
OK OK ShaRRon Sorry I caught Bru on AIM earlier and she told me that her picture was not appearing.Also that it is actually of a Scots
actor named Iain Glen who she recently interviewed see:-
http://www.brunazanelli.com/ig.htm
I especially liked this comment about his upcoming mortality:-
"'My fear is that the world would go on without ME!’"
Apparently he played without clothing on the London stage with that Australian bird who has moved on from Tom Cruise to the fine New Zealand born Australian-American country singer Keith Urban (if American television is to be believed!)
As far as my first posting is concerned I was trying the shortcut of linking to the picture as still attached to the received email stored in an email folder. It initially worked just fine but I have since discovered that you or I have to be logged into my email account to access the picture externally. Duh!! Anyway I have now saved the picture and found a nice freeware editing
programme so that I could crop it and I have now uploaded the picture to my own site. I now have even more
information/advice/help for my planned editing/resizimng/corfid picture displaying tutorial.
Such is life!

John Fowles
"If there's such a thing as an alpha-male folkie, Lightfoot certainly fits the bill."
from reviews of Complete Greatest Hits on many sites like:-
http://www.iq451.com/music/gordon-lightfoot.htm
(which also has a link to:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...675526-4193662
which shows that the Gord's Gold CD is alive and well albeit in Amazon's used section from $7.97 with a few new sealed examples in the $15.00 range.It also features 30 second clips of all 20 tracks om the CD
Old 08-22-2005, 02:00 PM   #9
mnmouse

Thank you, John...that is an eerie resemblance there, but then, he *is* a Scotsman. Perhaps somewhere back in the ancestral recesses there is a connection.

Sharron
Old 08-22-2005, 02:11 PM   #10
Auburn Annie

Whoa! Definitely a "family" resemblance, especially around the eyes (and hair color.)
Old 08-22-2005, 02:11 PM   #11
Auburn Annie

Whoa! Definitely a "family" resemblance, especially around the eyes (and hair color.)
Old 08-22-2005, 02:14 PM   #12
Sydney Steve

"Little Boxes on the website, and they all made by John Fowlsie -wowlsie,
Little boxes, little boxes and they all look just the same,
There's a white one and a white one, a white one and a white one,
And they've all got red crosses in them,
and they all look just the same,...."
( Apologies to Pete Seeger..)

Bite your tongue Stephen. In the excitement of Lightfooot concert attendance John may have damaged his normally infallible "posting bone"..lol