banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #26
SherylKat

Default Re: Napa

I thought your "California comment" was so funny - and there's more truth in that than I think a lot of people out there know! And unfortunately, I agree with you regarding the ticket price - steep but it didn't stop me from hitting the "Buy now" button! Lord, by the time the concert date comes, we might be able to say hi to all the corfidians comprising the first and second rows! This should be a VERY INTERESTING COMMENT, and I totally second reviving "Bells of the Evening." The first time I was taken to a Lightfoot concert, he played that as well as "Fine as Fine Could Be" at the piano. Mentioned this to Mandoann and she was a little taken aback, I think, when I told her that he was so funny that night - he even introduced "As Fine As Fine Could Be" as a song he wrote for his daughter, and you could tell he really touched the heartstrings of so many of us in the audience. However, to get us back, he pretended to fall off the piano bench! And yes, this WAS during his drinking years! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by B45-12 View Post
The ticket prices do seem high - however - in this case, the venue is quite small: 485 seats! If this were a 3000 seat theatre it would be out of line - but to be able to attend such an intimite show (to me) justifies the price of admission. This venue is a historical site in the Napa Valley - and the renovations are beautiful. I do know that the minimal operating costs just to do a small show like this eats up a lot of the ticket price. Staff, insurances, and middle-men still cost the same as it would for a much larger show. For sure, GL and all that travel with him will only see a fraction of this. I do agree though about the initial sticker shock, but it did not stop me from clicking on my "add to cart" button. Second row, center, 2 seats!! Can't wait! This - by the way - comes from a guy who use to get comps to Gord's shows for 3 decades. This has all changed now - and I am quite happy to be a paying customer (with benefits!). Remember - this is California....concert tickets are prioritized over mortgage payments! :-)

".....and the mouths I feed are many"
Old 08-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #27
SherylKat

Hi, Napa people! Formerlylavender, if for some reason I can't make Napa (and that has happened to me before), I'll send you my ticket, unless you have other plans. This has happened before and frankly, by October, I HOPE to have a conflict of interest (wilth a new JOB, now that kind of stress I can live with)

And to the people with tickets, I think they sent me some free drink tickets (or at least percent off coupons) I'll give them to you at the venue or if you prefer to do your drinking before the show, tell me your address on my personal e-mail (ciaras2madre@aol.com) and I'll send them to you before the Napa concert. I can't use them; I don't drink anymore (I feel like at birth, everybody's given a finite amount of liquor they can drink in their lifetime, and if true, I think I drank my allotment around 1987!

Have a great week, everybody! SherylKat
Old 08-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #28
formerlylavender

Thanks, Sherylkat - how nice of you to think of me! I don't know if I could manage it - flying acroos the country etc.! In fantasyland, I'd go to the concert and stay in Napa for a week and do some wine tasting.

I hope it works out that you can go and enjoy. BTW, free drink/% off coupons? This theater is the best!
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote