banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #1
STORMY

I love so many of Gordon Lightfoot's songs. I usually have top lists for most artists I enjoy. For Gordon Lightfoot If You Could Read My Mind, Sundown, Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgearald, and Summer Side of Life would all be on my list but my hands down favorite is Restless. I think that the imagry of Restless is so beautiful. It is loke a poem or an image from a daydream written to a most haunting tune. I get chills listening to it.
________
Marijuana test

Last edited by STORMY; 02-22-2011 at 10:35 PM.
STORMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #2
aqgirl05

I love so many of Gordon Lightfoot's songs. I usually have top lists for most artists I enjoy. For Gordon Lightfoot If You Could Read My Mind, Sundown, Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgearald, and Summer Side of Life would all be on my list but my hands down favorite is Restless. I think that the imagry of Restless is so beautiful. It is loke a poem or an image from a daydream written to a most haunting tune. I get chills listening to it.
aqgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 10:15 AM   #3
justagordfan

Restless is beautiful. I learned about Gordon Lightfoot in 1972 from a boyfriend.
We lost contact and last year I found him through internet. I send him this song, which he didn't know and he emailed me back that he remembered so much from so many years ago.
One of my other favourites is Affair on 8th Avenue. "Her long flowing hair came softly undone,.. and she showed me her treasors of paper and tin,"

Gordon's music is for every mood and also the older you get the more you regonise his words, which are about life, love and lost.
The feelings I had and the boyfriends all come streaming back, depending on the song.

In the Air & Space Museum in Washington DC his words of the "Early Morning Rain" are on the wall, "see the silver bird, ow high see flies".

I have over 12 albums and have to buy a new recordplayer to hear them again.
justagordfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 10:15 AM   #4
Alice

Restless is beautiful. I learned about Gordon Lightfoot in 1972 from a boyfriend.
We lost contact and last year I found him through internet. I send him this song, which he didn't know and he emailed me back that he remembered so much from so many years ago.
One of my other favourites is Affair on 8th Avenue. "Her long flowing hair came softly undone,.. and she showed me her treasors of paper and tin,"

Gordon's music is for every mood and also the older you get the more you regonise his words, which are about life, love and lost.
The feelings I had and the boyfriends all come streaming back, depending on the song.

In the Air & Space Museum in Washington DC his words of the "Early Morning Rain" are on the wall, "see the silver bird, ow high see flies".

I have over 12 albums and have to buy a new recordplayer to hear them again.
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 09:12 PM   #5
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Alice,

All GL's albums are on compact disc now. It might be cheaper to just buy the CDs. But either way, go for it.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 08:39 AM   #6
LAM3346E

quote:Originally posted by aqgirl05:

hi !

i like all of his songs ... but on my top list are: too late for prayin', i's rather press on ... and all the *good old's* like sundown, if you could ... and so on.

greetings.
ingrid

LAM3346E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 08:39 AM   #7
Ingrid

Send a message via ICQ to Ingrid

quote:Originally posted by aqgirl05:

hi !

i like all of his songs ... but on my top list are: too late for prayin', i's rather press on ... and all the *good old's* like sundown, if you could ... and so on.

greetings.
ingrid

Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 09:19 PM   #8
Christian From Sweden

My top ten Gord songs are as follows...

1.If You Could Read My Mind
2.Talking In Your Sleep
3.Looking At The Rain
4.Mother Of A Minor´s Child
5.Too Late For Prayin´
6.I´m Not Supposed To Care