banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #1
Elderberry

Hi all,
Just returned from my trip to Las Vegas. What a great place to get lost in. Being lousy gamblers, my wife and I concentrated on non-gambling activities while in town. After 5 days, we managed to hit all the major attractions and a few good shows.

Gord's concert on May 1 at the Orleans was the highlight of our trip! An excellent show! We's hoped to get an autograph from Gord following the show, as there were a few of us lined up at the stage...but alas, security gave us the boot. We were not fortunate enough to obtain a backstage pass, as several others were.

We were, however, persistant in our mission to meet the man. As this was Gord's last show at the Orleans, we knew they would be loading out the gear that night. So we waited at the back loading doors, near the equipment truck until the equipment was loaded up, then Rick H. pulled up in a white car to get the rest of the band. My wife and I had Rick sign our tickets and get a quick photo. Mike and Barry came out next, so we had them sign too. Terry and Gord came out last and were quite amenable to giving autographs. My wife and I posed with Gord for a quick photo (my wife even got a hug!). What a down to earth bunch of guys!

We rode high for the rest of the vacation! The photo and tickets are already framed and hung on my wall.

I cannot wait to see Gord in concert again, but for now the Live at Reno DVD will have to do.

Cheers,
Elderberry
Elderberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
brink

Great story, great trip! You aren't going to post the picture? I never would have thought of waiting outside, I would have figured they would stay another night and fly out in the morning-good thinking there Elderberry. I think they all are pretty nice folks.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
Elderberry

Thanks brink! I'd read somewhere in these hallowed discussion pages that Gord and the gang often fly out for Toronto, immediately following the show, if the gig is up. Thought I'd take a chance.

As for picture posting - I'm somewhat illiterate with that sort of thing. I might be able to scan the photo and email to someone?

Cheers,
Elderberry
Old 05-07-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
byKimberly

Send a message via AIM to byKimberly

I liked reading your post. It would be lovely to see your pictures.
Kimberly
Old 05-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
brink

As for picture posting - I'm somewhat illiterate with that sort of thing. I might be able to scan the photo and email to someone?

Cheers,
Elderberry [/QB][/QUOTE]

Sir John, are you here?
Old 05-08-2005, 10:49 PM   #6
Elderberry

No worries. I discovered that I've got some personal webspace associated with my internet account. I'll whip something up over the next couple of days and post the pics (if I can figure it all out).

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!
Old 05-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #7
Elderberry

Hello again,
I've managed to post some pictures on my webspace (sorry for the grainy quality - with scanning and transfer something had to give).

The address is:
http://www3.telus.net/OurSpace/

Hope you can access them ok.

Cheers
Old 05-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #8
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Hey Elderberry,

Nice pictures - looks like you all had a great time.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #9
SilverHeels

Elderberry,
thanks for sharing. Gord is looking good and you look very happy.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #10
charlene

great pics!
char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:26 PM   #11
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

Thanks for the pics, Elderberry!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:23 PM   #12
brink

What great pictures, it certainly looks like you and your wife were enjoying yourselves - great wasn't it?
Old 05-09-2005, 09:10 PM   #13
byKimberly

Send a message via AIM to byKimberly

Thanks Elderberry or sharing your pictures. You look very happy in these pictures...
Kimberly
Old 05-09-2005, 10:28 PM   #14
Elderberry

Thanks folks! We were feeling pretty darn fortunate to have had "The Gord Experience". I tell you, the rest of the trip could have been dumping down rain, and we still would have floated through the streets. No matter where we were for the rest of the trip, all we had to do was look at each other and whisper..."we met Gord"...and we'd be beaming again.

I'd love to catch him in concert again in Las Vegas (fingers crossed...hope he does a tour next year). Or maybe he'll come to Vancouver!

Cheers,
Elderberry
Old 05-09-2005, 10:57 PM   #15
brink

I'd love to catch him in concert again in Las Vegas (fingers crossed...hope he does a tour next year). Or maybe he'll come to Vancouver!

Cheers,
Elderberry [/QB][/QUOTE]

Richard is also from Vancouver, he asked Barry Harvey about a concert there and he said they had been working on that. Also, don't forget there is Reno in September. I can just imagine you two and the "we met Gord" we all have had that our first time and it continues there after too.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:52 PM   #16
LSH

If he does Vancouver, he'll probably do Seattle and Portland as well. hoping hoping hoping...
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:08 AM   #17
Sydney Steve

Elderberry,
Nothing wrong with those pictures mate. More than good enough to cause my "jealousy gene" to kick in . Great stuff. Thanks for the insight "close up". Nobody can take those memories from you two ever. If I could reach your shins from about 7 thousand miles away I would kick 'em (Mind you by the look of the size of you I might need to do some sprint training if I did !) cheers from the Wobbly Wallaby
Old 05-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #18
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by brink:

Sir John, are you here?
Well All Right..
Firstly welcome to the group of like minded fans here "elder"berry.
Pity you had not been able to meet us all before Saturday's show as had been arranged here because then you would have met your fellow Vancouver-area fan Richard.
Secondly your choice of screen name
From your appearance in your pix that you uploaded to:-
http://www3.telus.net/OurSpace/
I'd say you were more of a younger-berry
Now regarding your pix great to see that you were able to utilise your ISP provided free space
yesterday I tried all 4 links on your site's "index" page but nothing appeared so I saved them to a floppy but they would not open from there either.
But this morning after a reboot all is fine both accessing your site and the floppy
The four picture's addresses are (as copied from the address box when each pic was showing ... or right mouse click on the index page listing then copy shortcut then paste):-
1.you with gord:-
http://www3.telus.net/OurSpace/Gord.jpg
2.the signboard on Tropicana:-
http://www3.telus.net/OurSpace/Orleans%20sign.jpg
3.Rick's glorious pony tail:-
http://www3.telus.net/OurSpace/Rick.jpg
4 you with "Ferry" Clements (too funny Annie):-
http://www3.telus.net/OurSpace/Terry.jpg
Now I must add that (as Brink was alluding to) you really should have tried displaying the pix here but you may not have known aboot my much criticised picture display tutorial attempts such as that at:-
http://www.corfid.com/ubb/ultimatebb...=000109#000000
I am very aware that the whole subject and the tutorial including advice on where to upload your pix to if you do not have access to a site badly needs revision but it will now have to wait until after our visit to Massey.
But since the picture's addresses are so easily ascertainable in your case eb
I can now simply add the ubb code tags (or cheat and use the "image" feature now helpfuly added in the "instant UBB code" section under the full reply form box).
I will simply insert [img] in front of the addresses and add [/img] after it so then the 4 pix should appear and add captions under each like this...

1.You and your wife obviously happily posing with The Man

2.the signboard on Tropicana (and see below)

3.Rick's glorious pony tail

4 you with "Ferry" Clements
I have one comment on the Orleans sign though. When viewed from your web site in Internet Exploder it is possible to use IE's enlarging feature to actually read the wording on the sign.
earlier I had seen Kimberly's pic of the same thing (I omitted to go outside and snap it myself so I was delighted that she had taken such a good digital pic that she linked to in her Newsgroup posting at:-
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...cb9e456c?hl=en
in her small slide show is this picture

Kimberly's signage picture
John Fowles
I mean no one no harm
P.S.
Having viewed my reply it is obvious that your pix are rather on the large side so I must remember to add a section to my tutorial on using the test forum to check picture size then how to easily make the image smaller using any one of several free picture editing program(me)s

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:20 PM   #19
Elderberry

Thanks for the lesson on posting, JF. I'm somewhat all thumbs at that. Hopefully I'll get the chance to take similar worthy photos in the future and post again (I wish).

As for the name "Elderberry", it just happened to be the nice plant growing outside my front window. I was looking at it when I signed on to the discussion page. It really is a cool-looking shrub though!

I sure hope Gord does Vancouver. It's actually about a 5 hour drive from where I'm at, but much closer than Nevada...AND, I don't need to worry about the rubber-glove treatment at the border

Happy concert-going,
"Younger-berry"
Old 05-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #20
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

Rubber glove treatment at the border?? Yikes!!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:33 PM   #21
Elderberry

Well, not really the "rubber-glove treatment", but they are pretty strict these days. Lots of paper documentation. I certainly could not have gotten away with taking a lighter across (for burning my thumb during IYCRMM).

Not that I would ever do that, as it would be annoying to my fellow concert goers. Not as annoying, however, as the lady behind me at the concert singing along on "Never Too Close". Not just the chorus either...all the verses. No offence if the songstress is out there reading this