banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
No1lightfootfan

Somewhere on this discussion board, I saw reference to a possibility of Gordon being on the Today Show for the 30th anniversary of the Wreck of the E. F. I saw Gordon after the show in Portland on Friday, and he & his manager confirm they would be receptive to doing that "if we were invited". Well, maybe if we all send e-mails to the program via their site, we could make it happen. Here's a link to the website.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633?ta=y

No major news out of the Portland show. Standard set list, and I was happy to hear Watchman's Gone live for the first time. Voice was weak and cracked a few times...but got stronger as he went along. He was real nice and stopped for the 15-20 people waiting outside near his tourbus for an autograph. I clipped together 4 CD covers and he just signed his last name only. The writing looks real shaky and doesn't even compare to the clear crisp signatures I got about 5 years ago at a show in NH. He and his band are real nice folks, but personally, I think his illness has really taken a toll on him. I hope he gets stronger over time, and does not push himself too much.
No1lightfootfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:50 PM   #2
davesep1964

Somewhere on this discussion board, I saw reference to a possibility of Gordon being on the Today Show for the 30th anniversary of the Wreck of the E. F. I saw Gordon after the show in Portland on Friday, and he & his manager confirm they would be receptive to doing that "if we were invited". Well, maybe if we all send e-mails to the program via their site, we could make it happen. Here's a link to the website.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633?ta=y

No major news out of the Portland show. Standard set list, and I was happy to hear Watchman's Gone live for the first time. Voice was weak and cracked a few times...but got stronger as he went along. He was real nice and stopped for the 15-20 people waiting outside near his tourbus for an autograph. I clipped together 4 CD covers and he just signed his last name only. The writing looks real shaky and doesn't even compare to the clear crisp signatures I got about 5 years ago at a show in NH. He and his band are real nice folks, but personally, I think his illness has really taken a toll on him. I hope he gets stronger over time, and does not push himself too much.
davesep1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:42 PM   #3
Borderstone

That would definelty be the only reason I would wake up to watch the Today show (except when Mariah was on! )

If it's true,I'm sure we'll hear about it.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:22 PM   #4
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Borderstone:
(except when Mariah was on! )
OK OK Walter we know that you are besotted with the lady in question and no doubt the wallpaper on your desktop resembles the full sized version of this picture??

http://www.skinz.org/celebrity/maria...allpaper-6.jpg
John Fowles
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:22 PM   #5
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Borderstone:
(except when Mariah was on! )
OK OK Walter we know that you are besotted with the lady in question and no doubt the wallpaper on your desktop resembles the full sized version of this picture??

http://www.skinz.org/celebrity/maria...allpaper-6.jpg
John Fowles
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:20 AM   #6
Sydney Steve

davesep1964:
Well I did my bit by grovelling to "your" Today Show via email suggesting our Gord should be guested /featured on the Nov.10 version. ( Above and beyond the call of duty seeing as even if they were to comply ,I would never see it...)

PS Did anyone else notice ( - Gordlover will have, I'll bet ! ) , that Mr John Fowles is barely back to his home base before he starts posting near naked photos of some bimbo ? (Where on earth did you take him to Susan ?)
Mr Fowles seems to be inclined to "Paint His Wagon" and indeed Corfid pages , with someone who they named a wind after ...!
(and I quote...)
" they called the wind Mariah! "

It seems the wind can still make some of us frisky if it comes from the right direction and blows in our ears the right way...

[ October 25, 2005, 08:26: Message edited by: Sydney Steve ]
Old 10-25-2005, 04:05 PM   #7
Iron

Bimbo...Uh Oh..I can just picture those eyebrows now..
Old 10-25-2005, 06:14 PM   #8
Borderstone

First off,Steve. Mariah has said in interviews that her parents friends used to bring that song up to her all the time when she was growing up and she said it was really annoying on their part. She is named after that song,of course. (Some parents just don't think do they?)

John,if by "besotted" you mean "enamored"....YOU BETCHA! :D Since day one in 1990 when I first heard "Vision Of Love" and then saw the video on "Friday Night Videos". Thanks for those pics!

Truth be told,I'd liked many female singers before her but they were either too old (Olivia Newton John)or too young (Debbie Gibson:16 in '87 and I was 19! ). Also,some were either "too" girly (Sheena Easton) or too "rough" (Pat Benetar/Madonna).

Mariah is really the only female singer close to my age that I could really get into both musically and emotionally. She's just under 2 years from me and that's perfect!

Fortunatley,I'm sensible enough to know....I haven't a prayer! :D LOL (Well,I can dream can't I?? )
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #9
New 12 String Mike

You'd get me interested if Sara Evans was to show.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:21 PM   #10
GJA

Consider it done!!!!!!!!
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:21 PM   #11
GJA

Consider it done!!!!!!!!
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote