banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 06-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #1
jj

Default ZIPPO promo?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZIP.jpg (18.2 KB, 455 views)
File Type: bmp LIGHT.bmp (201.8 KB, 452 views)
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:35 PM   #2
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: ZIPPO promo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj View Post
When I opened this thread I was hoping to see some reference to or from Derek Kidd
(old joke newbies and those who have no idea what I am alluding to please see the definitive thread on the old and sadly moribund Newsgroup at:-
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.music.lightfoot/zippo/alt.music.lightfoot/6pYOmjYab-o/eXyTnscAAssJ
or search alt.music.lightfoot for "Zippo" lots of postings mostly at Derek's expense)
anyway other than the fact that one is a bmp format file and the other a jpeg I cannot see much difference between the two images that Jimbo attached.
To me they both look like this jpeg made from the bitmap

In any case I prefer the genuine custom made mug mugshot displayed the other day on Facebook
It is no longer there in the original photo gallery but I saved it while I had the chance so I have now uploaded it in order to get its Facebook URL
Yer Tis:-

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

Last edited by johnfowles; 06-30-2016 at 12:38 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

FYI there are a load of websites offering custom keep calm mugs plus this site has a range of other objects including hoodies and tote bags and this IPhone 6 case

http://www.keepcalmandcarryon.com/creator/

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:11 PM   #4
jj

rewind John.... the original custom Keep Calm was something I posted on Facebook quite some time before the mug and other variations... Char did a cool variation also... the phrase should really end with the word "on" to fit the cadence...but there are no rules when it comes the online self merch ... the lighter was taken from the original button (made for Massey and Lightfoot family members) and was done with the Kidd in mind actually... and would be handy for Gord (still) ... the only song title i could think of I'd Rather Press On.... but I still prefer the Keep Calm the Legend Lives On ... it's a rebuttal to the death rumour scare

char's theme is of one "Lightfoot(ing) On" ... i think it went over well.. catchy

the original theme came to me when I was putting on an old GL LP... my kid (12 now) had just had very UnCalm headache music on the radio and I said he needed to listen to some melodic, soothing music... and there you have it We've had a Keep Clam and Carry On framed cloth piece on the wall for decades and we've always had witty variations of the phrase modified to suit situations, as I'm sure many have done, probably more common in Commonwealth households

I'm glad the Keep Calm mug got signed and it was a fun meet and greet... when it come to mugs, I prefer the original Second Cup mug and handbag Jenney created... we now use a mug of coffee on our tribute band homepage ...perhaps our signature cover tune ... all this aside, the Keep Calm (fill in the blank with "anything ON") theme ended up being exploited globally a year or two following the "Keep Calm put some Lightfoot On" button issue (only 10 were created) ... i think char also had a limited run.... coffee mugs and t shirts with the Lightfoot theme stated being pumped out on the Lightfoot Fan pages... and soon after we saw official Lightfoot t shirts... I never thought I'd see the day! LOL ...cheers, Sir J ... i still like your Polar Bear on my Right button from Hamilton

edit: BTW, i also think of the "put some Lightfoot On" suggestion when I see guys stuck in traffic jams with their car or SUV woofers pumping out urban hip hop or rap, as they look to be approaching a road rage state... maybe the next edition will read "Chill Out get your Gord CDs Out"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12243046_10206741039837336_7983016410762394272_n.jpg (35.8 KB, 414 views)

Last edited by jj; 07-09-2016 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #5
charlene

charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #6
jj

YES! love it short and sweet like that... i thought it was a square button

how about some customized "Baby Step Back" golf balls?